Join now - be part of our community!

Info Bar constantly popping up on KDL-43WF663 model

profile.country.GB.title
Bazza15
Explorer

Info Bar constantly popping up on KDL-43WF663 model

I have a Sony KDL-43WF663 model and am having issues with the info bar popping up. If I have something like a  news channel on then it seems to be fine but if I have a movie on then it can literally be showing up once or twice every minute for several seconds before it disappears.

I updated to the latest firmware just to be sure it didn't have a fix and it didn't. All the solutions I've seen seem to be for android tv's and I guess mine is linux. I don't have an i+ button and I don't have an option in channel settings to disable an info bar.

I saw one post mention something about sound settings on the tv, but I'm not sure which would apply since nothing I changed seemed to do anything. In particular, there was a movie on last night where the sound would even stop/freeze for a second and the info bar would then pop up. It did it extremely often, at least once every minute or so.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of this? 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Bazza15,

I've checked this, and it seems that this info bar can't be completely disabled on your TV. However, I can see in the operating instructions manual for your TV that the remote control should have an (Info) button.

In this case, I would recommend that you press the Info button every time this bar appears as a workaround.  It's button number 7 on Page 10 here: https://bit.ly/2Gk5gNl.

Thanks,

Vanilla_