Join now - be part of our community!

Intermittent picture loss on HD channels. Dynamic Switching. SOLVED

profile.country.en_GB.title
freefalldude
Visitor

Intermittent picture loss on HD channels. Dynamic Switching. SOLVED

Hi All, just purchased a couple of weeks ago(Jan 2013) Bravia KDL46HX853.  On JUST the HD channels the picture would drop out and just go black for a split second.  I was told by Sony(not just them, but any manufacturer should be able to sort these issues quickly)  to get my ariel checked after they confirmed it was on latest firmware and I rescanned the HD channels.  They told me to do a master reset, I told them to bugger off as it took meabout 4-5hrs messing around getting it set up.

I did not believe it was an ariel issue as when watching programmes ot never dropped below 78% and the picture is always good, not blocky or anything.

After reading on this forum about it switching between 1080i and 1080p, it seems that this was when the black screen appeared. I checked this by pressing the info button and whilst watching the HD channel, you can see the source switching between 1080i & 1080p. This seems to happen more when adverts are on or switching from maybe a news item to a reporter etc etc.

ANYWAY, what FIXED this was, Go to Home menu, Settings, Display, Video Input Settings, Digital Broadcast picture mode.   Mine was set to 'optimise for Video'.  Change this to 'Optimise for text & Graphics'

Congrats, hopefully this has worked for you.   

LEE

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Nice job - thanks for posting this! :

Bravia55HX

this has been comon knowledge for some time!

freefalldude
Visitor

It cant be that common knowledge, as i searched high and low to try and find a solution, lol.