Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Browser - Default Homepage (KDL-32EX723)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mikey_boy_uk
New

Internet Browser - Default Homepage (KDL-32EX723)

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32EX723.

I can't find the answer to this in the i-Manual, so hoping someone may be able to advise me.

At the moment, when I open the internet browser on my Sony Braiva TV, the default homepage is the Sony website.

Is there a way to change the default homepage to one of the bookmarks I have already saved for a number of different websites, rather than it loading the Sony website?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
durian40
Visitor

to change the home page:

launch the internet browser

press options key

go to 'url input'

type in google or whetever u want for your home page

options again and scroll down to add bookmark

options again go to your book marks

the new bookmark will be there along with the sony bookmark

highlight the sony bookmark, options delete sony

your homepage is now set to the new page

and thanks sony for making such a pig of a browser thatis absolute junk just like the PS3 i have and the PSP i have

why cant you make a decent browswer.

you will find the bravia often cant load pages cos the tv doesnt have enough mermory

how blooming stupid is that

Message was edited by: durian40

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.ru_KZ.title
kapow13
Visitor

Hi Mikey-boy - did you find a resolution to this problem? I am having the same problem. Would be grateful to hear if you found a way around this.

Still haven'teven worked out how to get bookmarks or to change the website either...

Kylie

ebowman
Visitor

I'd like to join this train as I'm experiencing exactly the same difficulty as Kylie - though I've bought a KDL40EX723.

Eddie

Wrightieeeee
Visitor

So would I.  Just bought it yesterday and impossible to understand!

I would like to go to browser screen not SONY screen.

Also cant seem to get my network visible on it even though it says it is connected.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks

Jane

durian40
Visitor

to change the home page:

launch the internet browser

press options key

go to 'url input'

type in google or whetever u want for your home page

options again and scroll down to add bookmark

options again go to your book marks

the new bookmark will be there along with the sony bookmark

highlight the sony bookmark, options delete sony

your homepage is now set to the new page

and thanks sony for making such a pig of a browser thatis absolute junk just like the PS3 i have and the PSP i have

why cant you make a decent browswer.

you will find the bravia often cant load pages cos the tv doesnt have enough mermory

how blooming stupid is that

Renzoellul
New

Hi Durian

Thanks for that...

Just for your info the browser is provided by Opera and not by Sony... it is the same browser available in most modern TVs... and I agree with you it is really lame

Lawrence

fulviauno2
Visitor

Hi Durian

Glad to read your post as I have wasted my day off with this browser. It's like stepping back 20 years in computing.

I posted a question that you might have the answer to??

Cheers, Mel

donbradbury
Explorer

I made significant advances with Browser usage today and made Google my home page. The zooming option let me fill the screen with the Browser, and I could (somewhat painfully) navigate to sites I had contributed to myself. What I must check next, when I have time, is to see if Sony have embedded mouse and keyboard drivers to aid navigation. Not much chance I guess, but it's what's required to make usage acceptable. It'd need a USB hub in order to add mouse and keyboard to my existing HDD on the twin-USB port KDL-32CX523, and I know Sony don't like hubs. But, worth a try... when I have time (unless someone beats me to it).

BTW, strangely, I had to change my User Name today in order to get into this forum. Anybody else?

Don

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried using your smartphone? Media Remote Apps for iOS and Android make it much easier...

Thanks

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hello Don,

I have one comment input about the posts here.

I don't think the any TV in the market now have easy navigation through browser if it is compared with a PC or laptop.

The reasons behind that are related to type of browser used, the TV processor priority is to handle other issue related to display, limitation of RAM size , un- availabity of mouse / keybord direct connection ...It is a TV at the beigining and the end , not a PC

If the TV has the latest new processor to fit every user requirments , this will impact its price sure.

Another way to get easier navigation through TV browser is to connect Sony viao laptop and share its keybord and mouse to control TV , or smartphone as mention before.