Join now - be part of our community!

Internet Connection Error 1106

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TLondoner
Visitor

Internet Connection Error 1106

My internet connection for iPlayer etc uesd to work and now I get error 1106.  I have had this for at least 2 days but could be a lot longer.  The TV is connected to my router and the Internet connection test says it is OK.  Is the Sony system down?  I have checked for altest firmware and I am running PKG4.085EUL-0108 on a SONY KDL32EX503U whcih according to the website is the latest firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hblindell
Visitor

I had the same error. The way I fixed it was to take the plug out of the socket to get a hard reset of the TV. Just switching on and off wouldn't work.

Unfortunately it now goes back to getting the Sony logo and taking a while to start up :slight_smile:

Internet TV works fine again though.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
craigstephens
Visitor

I'm getting the same error as you on a KDL-40EX403 , with the same firmware as you.  Started happening a few days ago.  I reckon it's either that we have received on OTA update which has screwed things up, or somethings stuffed at the server end.

Something else I've noticed is the TV starts up a lot quicker, it no longer displays the SONY logo for a few seconds, instead going straight to TV.

TLondoner
Visitor

Craig - you are correct!  My TV starts up without the SONY logo as well.  We have the latest software - so there must be something wrong with the Sony server. Let's hope SONY notice this and fix it!! What else can we do??

hblindell
Visitor

I had the same error. The way I fixed it was to take the plug out of the socket to get a hard reset of the TV. Just switching on and off wouldn't work.

Unfortunately it now goes back to getting the Sony logo and taking a while to start up :slight_smile:

Internet TV works fine again though.

TLondoner
Visitor

You are correct - it fixes the problem.

Thanks for that suggestion.

profile.country.en_DK.title
holger20
Visitor

Confirmed that unplugging the tv entirely works. (Channel setup etc. is not lost, so it is safe to try.)  I have a Bravia KDL-32EX501.

profile.country.GB.title
Joelewes

Doesn’t work for me! I have disconnected the plug, disconnected the internet and reconnected both.  Still no acces to internet.  There is a very strong wireless signal and the internet has worked in the three weeks I have had the tv.  Not any more. Is this a Sony problem? Not impressed after only 3 weeks.

profile.country.GB.title
Kramer247
New

Thanks - that’s sorted mine too!