Join now - be part of our community!

Internet content not output via scart

profile.country.en_GB.title
jd1189
Visitor

Internet content not output via scart

Hello,

I have a Sony KDL37EX524BU and it is connected to my Samsung DVD Recorder with HDD via a scart lead through the TVs AV output as it seems that is the only output the TV has for picture. I record a lot of TV while I am out but one channel I use a lot and wish to record from is the Internet Channel Vision on freeview channel 225 but unfortunatly Sony does not seem to produce any output signal when any Internet content is on the TV. The normal digital channels record however just not internet ones.

Is there a way round this or a way Sony may fix this problem?

Many thanks for any help and advice.

2 REPLIES 2
drhowells
New

Hi, I believe this is, technically, very difficult to do. I am not aware of any TV manufacturer that currently allows you to record the Internet streams. I very much doubt this feature will become available on your TV.

jd1189
Visitor

That's interesting because Sony is the only one I know that doesn't output the internet streams.

Freeview boxes obviously do as they need to be able to display on a TV so have to output everything including the internet channel streams, but in terms of TV's Panasonic and Samsung seem to output the channel 'Vision' in particualr so don't know why Sony deosn't.

I understand why they wouldn't want to output iPlayer and LoveFilm etc but this channel is a normal channel as is the rest of the digital channels.