Join now - be part of our community!

internet tv - youtube pin number required?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
maferri91
Visitor

internet tv - youtube pin number required?

Hi, I am trying to set up a new internet Tv and for my youtube account it is asking for a pin number.  both Sony and youtube say go speak to the other guys.  the fact is there is no such thing as a pin number and your normall username and password does not work, any ideas?

While I am at it, how do you see your My Rental List in LoveFilm as well?  I cant seem to find anyanswers on either Sony's and/or YouTube/LoveFilm respectively.

Cheers,

Ferris

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

For youtube - should just be able to use your googlemail/gmail email address and password. Thats how I logged into mine. Nothing to do with any Sony account .

Berlin Phil is slightly different, it should give you instructions on how to register when you try and play a video.

thanks

View solution in original post

yanisagemil
Explorer

Hello after fyu houres of searching i sort out the problem of PIN CODE.

for my its work login in in your gmail acount searche the seting (second on top) and desactivet 2 set of verification and then in your old you toube you can log in in your you toube acount whit email and password

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Catmambo
Contributor

Should just be able to use your ggooglemail/gmail email address and password. Thats how I logged into mine.

For Lovefilm, you need to pair up your TV with your lovefilm account first before you can view your list. best way of doing this is try to start playing any video in Lovefilm and it will come up with an error screen whcih gives you instructions. Your need to then pair it using your PC  at this website - https://internet.sony.tv/customer

thanks

Stykelvaartjie
Visitor

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread but my problem is related. I have taken delivery today of my Sony 32EX503U and the Sony £75 dongle. I have connected ok to the internet but in trying to use the internet features such as Utube ir the Berlin Harmonic it asks for my pin etc. How do i register? is ti with Sony or Berlin Phil/U tube. Have tried searching but no info so far. many thanks.

Catmambo
Contributor

For youtube - should just be able to use your googlemail/gmail email address and password. Thats how I logged into mine. Nothing to do with any Sony account .

Berlin Phil is slightly different, it should give you instructions on how to register when you try and play a video.

thanks

magrawal
Visitor

I have the same problem on my EX403, i have tried gmail login details but it does not work. I have tried to put the youtube user id and gmail password but still the same. I do not know what is the PIN number which the TV requires?

Does any one has any idea? and how to deal with it..... i am sure SONY must know about what they have made.... i hope they do.....

cheers

maferri91
Visitor

I sussed it a few weeks ago, even though it is my you tube account I am accessing I had to log on with my gmail account detailsa and then bingo, my you tube account is now logged in and viewable.

Mark

SuffolkDi
Visitor

Mark,

thanks for your reply to this - we used ot be able to log in to YouTube using their user name and password, but seems we need to use the Google logins instead.  You are a star!  :smileygrin:

Di

redeyes0_5
Visitor

Thanks for this, I can now access my lovefilm account via my Sony TV

SuffolkDi
Visitor

OK, the wierdest thing is now happening and its really annoying.  Whilst we worked out in January that we now need to log into YouTube using our GMail account not our YouTube one, the TV is no longer acccepting this.  I can't seem to log in using either account.  I'm now totally locked out of YouTube on theTV - is this happening to anyone else?

Not happy as it was one of the reasons we bought the TV.:smileyangry:

Di

profile.country.de_AT.title
whueber
Visitor

I had the same problem on my KDL-46EX505.

I could not login either with my youtube account nor with my google account.

My solution:

I removed the link to my google account from within youtube.

I made a new link to my google account (the same as before).

Now I can login with my google e-mail address (without "@gmail.com") and password.