Join now - be part of our community!

IP set-op box disables Options on KDL-55W829B

SOLVED
profile.country.CZ.title
yennik
New

IP set-op box disables Options on KDL-55W829B

Hello,

I have purchase new TV KDL-55W829B, and IPTV from my local provider. They gave me a set-op box Arris VIP1113. Its connected over HDMI to the TV and I noticed, when its on, it disables Options on the TV, so I simply cannot tweak the Picture settings for example, or change Scene for the channel I'm watching. I presume that this set-op box is somehow controlling it, but don't know how, or if there is anything I can do to change it. There is almost no settings to change, except the resolution or aspect ration, the basic stuff.

Anyone have similar experience? If so, is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Thank you in advance.

/Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To access the TVs picture settings when using a connected device via HDMI. follow these instructions:

1. On the TVs remote control, press the [Sync Menu] button
  2. Go down to "TV control with TV remote" and press [OK]
  3. You can now use the [Options] button or change any settings.
  4. When done, simply reverse it by pressing the [Sync Menu] button again and choose "Device Control"

There are also other options in the Sync menu of which you dont have to go through that process (unless you need to that is).  Such as "TV Control"

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To access the TVs picture settings when using a connected device via HDMI. follow these instructions:

1. On the TVs remote control, press the [Sync Menu] button
  2. Go down to "TV control with TV remote" and press [OK]
  3. You can now use the [Options] button or change any settings.
  4. When done, simply reverse it by pressing the [Sync Menu] button again and choose "Device Control"

There are also other options in the Sync menu of which you dont have to go through that process (unless you need to that is).  Such as "TV Control"

Cheers

profile.country.CZ.title
yennik
New

Excellent,

thank you very much. Haven't thought of using Sync menu, I had impression thats only for Sony compatible devices, such as Bluray player etc.

Once again, thank you!

/Jan