Join now - be part of our community!

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

SOLVED
hamacting
New

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

Having been using this TV for a couple of years on my Amazon Prime account, I was this evening asked for my Amazon username and password.  I typed them in, but was told that they were not correct.

I tried on my Sony Blu-Ray 5.1 amplifier, exactly the same (username/password requested and rejected)

I logged onto Amazon's web site using the same credentials and had no problems.

Anyone seeing the same, or have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Thanks

KDL-32CX523

70 REPLIES 70
BillyJoe1
Explorer

Hello there, Mine did exactly the same yesterday evening and this morning .Tried again this evening and appears to be rectified also access to bbc iplayer has returned. Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.en_GB.title
stewmcghie

I have two different sony TVs and both now fail to login to Amazon prime. email and password work fine on the PC. I expect it is a ruse to get you to buy their dongle !  Anyway I will just cancel if Amazon don't sort it out soon.

garetha
Explorer

I too have the same issues since Saturday on my TV and BluRay player.

TV model is KDL42W65xA. 

I tried deactivating the TV on my Sony Entertainment Network login to start the whole process from scratch. I recall the first time I setup the TV I had to enable the amazon service via SEN.

Now I can't activate the TV. The code the TV gives me is reported as incorrect.

garetha
Explorer

FYI Just found this comment in this thread on Amazon:

"I just spoke with Amazon tech support - it's a known issue and Amazon and Sony tech's are working together to resolve... I was told it effects all Sony devices... I was told they're hoping to have the issue resolved by tomorrow."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/forums/ref=cs_hc_g_pl?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx2GBEOGDU758MG&cdTh...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

For the people who have problems with Amazon Prime Video, please answer the following questions for ONLY this issue.

1. Does this issue still exist?
  2. What device are you trying to use it on (i.e. TV, Bluray player etc)
  3. What model is it (i.e. KDL-32CX523, BDP-S590)
  4. Describe in a few words the issue (i.e. unable to log in)

Thank you

hamacting
New

It seems to be resolved for me now on both the TVs and the bluray player
survivalism
Explorer

Still not working for me. I access via bdp1100. I should say was accessing. I was advised to deregistering on SEN. It now gives me a 5 letter code to reregister but when I put it in, it says the code is incorrect.netflix and iplayer both working fine through the bdp1100.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @survivalism

Can you do a 'Network update' to ser if you are on the latest firmware and then reset back to factory defaul settings.

Once done, try again.

Cheers

Still an issue for me, bdp-S3100.

Tried deactivating device on amazon. Now just cycles around a screen which says 'your Amazon app has been updated...' but won't let me log in. 

Same here, eternal loop

Sony Bravia KDL-40EX403

Software PKG4.131EUL-0108