Join now - be part of our community!

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

SOLVED
hamacting
New

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

Having been using this TV for a couple of years on my Amazon Prime account, I was this evening asked for my Amazon username and password.  I typed them in, but was told that they were not correct.

I tried on my Sony Blu-Ray 5.1 amplifier, exactly the same (username/password requested and rejected)

I logged onto Amazon's web site using the same credentials and had no problems.

Anyone seeing the same, or have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Thanks

KDL-32CX523

70 REPLIES 70
bensande

I am having the same problem.

Was working fine at 7pm on Sunday (3rd Dec) but when I tried to log into Amazon instant video later in the evening a message said that the app had been updated and prompted me to log in - however my password would not work.

I tried deregistering the tv on Sony EN hoping that re-registering would solve the problem but when I type in the 5 letter code it states that the code is incorrect.

This has happened on both a KDL-40NX703 and KDL-26EX320

Both TVs seem to have up to date software (i.e. no updates available)

Kazzamac72
Explorer

Reporting on Sony website:

1. Can't confirm if orig issue (where was unable to log on) as now I'm getting a server time out response upon clicking the Amazon icon. "the process timed out because the server could not be accessed. The network might not be aspect uo correctly"

2. Using it in a Sony blu ray

3. Model = BDV-E280

software = M07.R.0631

4 experienced two different issues where I was either:

1)  unable to logon (password/sign on incorrect) after inputting the correct sign on and password 

or

2) says Amazon was validated but when you click OK to continue it loops back to the previous screen.

prsmall
New

I am also having issues. Got the log in message yesterday. Now goes to a blank Amazon film screen which then keeps coming back with a message "The process was not completed and has timed out".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@prsmall

1. What device are you trying to use it on (i.e. TV, Bluray player etc)
  2. What model is it (i.e. KDL-32CX523, BDP-S590)
profile.country.GB.title
scottdougall
Explorer

KDL-40EX713 - right now rather than failing after I input my username and password - its failing to load at all... BDP-S380 - this is also not working in a similar way - saying that its been updated but then not progessing to the login page
NigelMi
Explorer

Me too

KDL-47W805A

profile.country.GB.title
gabecooney
Explorer

Hello

Yes I have the same problem on 3 Sony devices. 

The problem originally occurred two days ago and then I re-registered etc and it was OK again yesterday but yo day all 3 devices below will not let me login to Prime. 

KDL-47W805A

KDL-32W5500

BDV-E4100

Please advise as this is very frustrating. 

Thank you

profile.country.en_GB.title
stewmcghie

sony kdl40ex403

and KDL-22EX320

yesterday both won't log in

today they fail to connect to service

TonyL9
Explorer

Does this issue still exist?

Yes, 4 days now

What device are you trying to use it on (i.e. TV, Bluray player etc)

Bluray

What model is it (i.e. KDL-32CX523, BDP-S590)

Sony BDP-S570

Describe in a few words the issue (i.e. unable to log in)

' Your Amazon instant video app has been updated. Please sign in.'

Unable to log in, both log in entry fields missing. Click OK loops back to sign in message.

tojohns51
Explorer

Mine appears to have been fixed this evening. Tried the app on my Bravia Tv and was faced with the same login message. Decided to give my email adress and password another go and it worked. I'd deregistered my TV on previous login attempts but it was reregistered automatically on entering my login details in the Prime app.