Join now - be part of our community!

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

SOLVED
hamacting
New

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

Having been using this TV for a couple of years on my Amazon Prime account, I was this evening asked for my Amazon username and password.  I typed them in, but was told that they were not correct.

I tried on my Sony Blu-Ray 5.1 amplifier, exactly the same (username/password requested and rejected)

I logged onto Amazon's web site using the same credentials and had no problems.

Anyone seeing the same, or have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Thanks

KDL-32CX523

70 REPLIES 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks tojohns51

Can anyone else confirm its working?

I received a message today - that Amazon has fixed the issue, however i have seen the odd post here and there to say that its not woeking for them.

Nope, I'm still stuck with the endless loop of not being able to log in on the bdp s3100 Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
survivalism
Explorer

Yes still not working. Endless loop. Please reregister your device. Here is the 5 letter code.oops code invalid. Why can't they just put up a post saying sorry we'll fix this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been fed back to Sony, for them to liase with Amazon.  Cheers

NigelMi
Explorer

This is now working for me. Thanks to all who contributed to lend weight and sony and amazon for sorting this. Both need to take a lesson on being more proactive in their communications. Sent from my Samsung device
bensande

Still not working for me.

Still unable to reregister the TV with Sony.

Does Sony have any direct support/ customer service team?  Anytime I find/Google a link to a support site other than this one the page fails to load.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bensande - support details are:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contact

At the end of the day, this is an Amazon authentication issue.  Sony cannot fix this, but can put pressure on Amazon to get a move on.  

As i said above, this afternoon, Amazon provided Sony feedback to say this issue was resolved.  Sony provided me this info, and i have fed back to Sony that its not resolved for everyone.

bensande

It's an Amazon issue that I can't re-register my TV with Sony Entertainment Network? (then allowing me to try logging in to the amazon app again)

Really?

I do appreciate the help - and you have been far (FAR) more helpful than either Amazon or Sony have been so far but surely that can't be right.

I've tried registering the Blu-ray player as well this evening (which I had never registered before) and that is saying that the registration code is invalid as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bensande - sorry, my bad.  I didnt fully read your problem.  Appologies.  Was watching tv at the same time.

It appears that i also cannot get the conact details for SEN:

http://en.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Ill get these details for you tomorrow.

Edit:

Only got an email address at this stage, no phone number (yet)

sonyentertainment.UK@eu.sony.com

bensande

Thanks Quinnicus,  much appreciated.