Join now - be part of our community!

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

SOLVED
hamacting
New

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

Having been using this TV for a couple of years on my Amazon Prime account, I was this evening asked for my Amazon username and password.  I typed them in, but was told that they were not correct.

I tried on my Sony Blu-Ray 5.1 amplifier, exactly the same (username/password requested and rejected)

I logged onto Amazon's web site using the same credentials and had no problems.

Anyone seeing the same, or have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Thanks

KDL-32CX523

70 REPLIES 70
Patrandec

So glad my post helped someone. Sony do seem to rename their services on a regular basis!

zedx19
Explorer

Tried again this morning, Sony Android KDL-W755C, still saying username/password incorrect

Yep, my BDP is still locked in the same loop, not letting me into the app Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Todd747
Explorer

Hi, Speaking to Amazon help they acknowledge that there is an issue with Amazon Prime video log-ons through Sony devices, meaning that passwords and e-mails are not being recognised. This was first reported about two weeks ago. They tell me they are giving this a top priority to re-establish services.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Thought you might be interested in this story:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/amazon-offers-free-extensions-prime-71514...

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

I have received information to state that this has now been fully resolved.  Assuming that there are no further issues, im going to mark this thread as resolved now.

Thank you

zedx19
Explorer

Still doesn't work for me, still get logon details incorrect. Also looking at this thread others still have issues.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/forums/ref=cs_hc_g_pg_pg3?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx2GBEOGDU758MG&...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zedx19

Your best bet is to contact Amazon directly about this as there is now little that Sony can do - unless it becomes a mass issue again.

Cheers

chrgray

With the new firmware today, I'm now getting the same Amazon Prime login problem.  How do I revert to the previous firmware so I can watch my Amazon Prime content?

adyjay33

This leads me to believe that Sony have just reverted back to an earlier FW with a little tweaks but again have not tested it... Sony stop making school boy errors!

Thinks I will hold off on this update as I have paid for Amazon and am not going to be dissapointed as Sonys FW is no longer compatible. If its Amazons fault then Amazon sort it out but if it worked yesterday and the only thing thats changed is Sonys FW then I think we all know where the problem really lies.

Oh and Chgray your stuck with this FW as there is no way to revert it back to a working version (That we know of) so you are now in the hands of Sony or Amazon.

Feel loved with a Sony TV, I dont.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!