Join now - be part of our community!

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

SOLVED
hamacting
New

[Jan 2016] Amazon Prime Issues

Having been using this TV for a couple of years on my Amazon Prime account, I was this evening asked for my Amazon username and password.  I typed them in, but was told that they were not correct.

I tried on my Sony Blu-Ray 5.1 amplifier, exactly the same (username/password requested and rejected)

I logged onto Amazon's web site using the same credentials and had no problems.

Anyone seeing the same, or have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Thanks

KDL-32CX523

70 REPLIES 70
chrgray

So, this new firmware now means I can't watch any of my Amazon Prime content that I'm paying for.  It was working perfectly yesterday, and the only thing that's changed is the new firmware.

adyjay33

Basically... Yes.. unless you have a FireStick and I think thats what they are trying to get you to buy. Having an APP on the TV takes away revenue from individuals as no one will buy their hardware.

Just my little thought on the situation .

Amazon stopped supporting older TVs in the past so this will happen to any Sony that people are buying now, they just want you to by the hardware.

If this continues I will unsubscribe from Amazon and take this TV back too.

They are treating customers with contempt.

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
chrgray

Well, I've contacted Amazon to get this fixed, but if they don't fix this promptly I'll be cancelling my Prime subscription, as I only got it on a special offer anyway.  Strange that it's broken on the same day that Sony put new firmware on my TV.

adyjay33

Happened a short while ago when there was a Sony FW update and it broke the Amazon UHD content. 

I think its a licencing issue, change FW and not inform Amazon and the licence is removed.

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
chrgray

Email reply from Amazon:

"I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you are experiencing on streaming Prime videos.

We're not currently experiencing any problems which may be causing the effects you describe."

So, back to Sony to fix this in the new firmware.

adyjay33

Have you put this on the main thread of issues to see if anyone else who has updated has this issue?

Me... I am holding off from doing this but if it manages to screw it up then thats another reason for Currys to take it back.

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

I don't know if this is the same issue you're reporting but since the latest update I now have two identical apps appearing on the Home Screen for: Amazon Video, Google Video, BBC iPlayer.  When I click Amazon Video I just get a rotating circle and it never gets to the main screen so Amazon Video is unusable at the moment.   I've contacted Sony Tech Support and Amazon.

Several months ago an update blocked Netflix for a while so I wonder if it's the same failure from Sony to beta test with the apps they themselves pre-install.

I will follow up with Sony and Amazon if nothing happens next week.  No point in subscribing to Prime if Sony blocks it!

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

If anyone has this problem after the 12th April update I think I found a solution to get back into the Amazon Video app.

I went into Settings > Apps and found that Amazon Video was listed as "running" so I force stopped it, ignoring the message that this could cause it to "misbehave".  It wasn't working anyway!

Then I cleared the caches completely and went back to the Home Screen Amazon app.  This time it opened.  As I had deleted all of this data I had to log back in but now it works well again.

Hope this might help someone.  It's funny how dumb a "smart TV" can be!

My Sony Bravia is exactly the same, the internet is covered in Sony horror story's the app simply does not work with amazon prime video.. I'm at the stage where Sony tv is off the future must have list... let's be honest Sony kniw about this issue and can't or won't sort it ... but strangely other manufacturers can 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Captainparanoia

The last post in this thread was the 17 April 2016 - The Amazon Prime issues in regards to this particular thread have been resolved.

Unfortunately you have failed to mention what model TV you have and instead of saying exact same issue, can you please explain what problem you are getting.

Cheers