Join now - be part of our community!

KD-43XE7003 lost connection to WiFi and Internet

profile.country.GB.title
Valleylost
Explorer

KD-43XE7003 lost connection to WiFi and Internet

I've had this TV for about seven months but last night it couldn't connect to WiFi or the Internet.  My phone and Apple laptop can connect all right, so it doesn't appear to be a router/broadband problem.

When I first look at network status, I don't see the name of my WiFi network or other details but after about 10 seconds, they briefly appear for about 2 seconds.  During the brief time that I am able to see my WiFi network name, it says that the signal strength is good and that my Security is WPA2-PSK (AES).

Most of the time, network status says:

Connection Method: Wireless (Built-in)

WirelssDevice on TV: found

Network(SSID): -

Signal Strength: -

Security: -

IPv6/IPv4 Priority: IPv4

IP Address Setting: Auto

IP Address: -

Subnet Mask: -

Default Gateway: -

Primary DNS: -

When I check Connection, I see the following results:

Wireless Device on TV: found

Local Access: failed

Internet Access: failed

Automatic software updates are set to On and the current firmare version is v8.673-1000-1.280-0002.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Valleylost
Explorer

A reset to factory settings did the trick. All working fine now.

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

That's good to hear, @Valleylost. Thanks for updating the thread with the solution!

:cool:

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

That's good to hear, @Valleylost. Thanks for updating the thread with the solution!

:cool:

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
elrosem
Explorer

I have attempted today to use YouTube and my apps and as with the previous comment I have no Internet connection on the Wi-Fi. The way to solve It by doing a factory reset would not be good for me as I have around 50 programs recorded on my hard drive which is connected to the USB socket on the TV.  Would this cause me to lose all my recordings? When I clicked on YouTube it says please wait come back later. Does that mean it will  reset itself sometime. The question I have is somebody reported it happened yesterday I found it this morning is it something that has happened to all of us who got a  Sony Bravia 7003 TV? as with the previous person my internet is working perfectly of my computers and laptop and also my tablets. The problem is definitely with the TV. 

Regards Elvin

profile.country.GB.title
elrosem
Explorer

I have an update to my email about Wi-Fi problem. I never like using  switch on the TV because I find it awkward to use. So decided to switch it off at the wall and then switch it back again after a short wait. Pleased to report that my TV has now got Wi-Fi and it's working perfectly including YouTube.

Hope this might help someone else who may have the same problem.

Regards Elvin