Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C & BDV-N5200W - Brief TV/Audio Picture Interruption & PS4 Pro

profile.country.GB.title
markbfw1
New

KD-55X8509C & BDV-N5200W - Brief TV/Audio Picture Interruption & PS4 Pro

Hello,

I hope someone is reading this, i really am at my wits end.

I have a Sony KD-55X8509C hooked up with a BDV-N5200W Surround Sound system. I love the quality.

My PS4 Pro & Satellite Receiver are through my Surround Sound system and i have it going to an ARC HDMI port on my TV. I have set the TC HDMI Channel to 4k and changed the Surround Sound system to Auto output to accommodate the 4k from the PS4 Pro.

And yet, it never comes through as 4k, only 1080. So I loose the TV quality and get perfect audio.

The only way i can get a 4k picture is to run a digital audio cable from the PS4 Pro to the Surround Sound and direct picture from the PS4 Pro to the TV.  Great, i get the 4k picture but ever 10mins, the audio and screen stops for a few seconds.

I recently changed to my new surround system from a sound bar thinking that was at fault but the same interruption is there.

Does anyone know how i can the 4k working through the Surround System or if i have to use the audio/hdmi separate, stop the audio/picture interruption? 

My feeling is the interruption is more with the TV rather than the PS4 or Sound System.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thank you

Mark 

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Community. It may be good to contact Sony Support about this.

Thanks,

Pascale