Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XG8096 set up issues

profile.country.GB.title
da8iwr
New

KD65XG8096 set up issues

I have just set up an account purely to rant about how crap I’m finding the KD65XG8096!

When we go into the guide it shows thousands of channels, so I set up a favourite list and then chose that as the source, but as soon as I leave the guide and go back again it is showing all the channels again! Is there a way to save it so each time I go to the guide it uses my favourites as a source and not defaults back to the full list of satellite channels!

It took me three hours and dozens of websites and posts on here to find how to even get this far with the forums here full of people having the same issues.

We are having so many problems with this tv and only had it a day, it is by far the most user unfriendly product I have ever owned. I’m very tech minded, it’s my job (I have a degree in product design, I was an engineer for 10yrs and after uni I made websites for 10yrs) and I’m struggling to get it set up, what chance has non techy people?!

A few other issues,

I can’t hide channels from the list, only delete, I deleted one by accident, do I need to now retune the entire TV to get it (and all the others I don’t want to undelete) back?

Is there a way to have your own apps in the favourite apps area or is it just the faves that came with it (which I’ve found how to hide)?

Ive found websites showing how to hide channels but it looks like my model is slightly different or the operating system has changed as those options aren’t there.

The programme guide is not showing what is blank, I have to go into the channel and see what is on and then it prefills only that and the next time slot but nothing else. I’ve read it’s because I have multiple channels of that channel (there are dozens of the same BBC channels for different regions and HD and non HD etc). So I started deleting them out but it doesn’t actually delete it, just empties that channel, so now I have hundreds of empty channels in that list so I have to scroll up and down hundreds at a time to find the channels to remove.

There are over 7000 satellite channels found, it takes about 1 second to flick from one to the other, and haven’t found a way to jump them yet, so it would take 117 mins to scroll from the first to last... and each time you delete a channel it jumps to the last used channel above the empty ones. So then you need to flick back down the list to the next channel to delete unless you do them backwards.

So thats a maximum of 117 mins EVERY time you delete a channel.

This is absolutely mental and not what I expect from a top tv brand!

0 REPLIES 0