Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32EX403 Bravia USB Video Codec List

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
srsaint
Visitor

KDL-32EX403 Bravia USB Video Codec List

Hi there,

can anyone direct me to a detailed list of the video file types that the KDL-32EX403 can play from a USB drive?

I've tried converting some videos I have in different formats to those listed in the specs but have had mixed results (audio but no video, video with no audio, file not recognised etc.), so would like a more detailed list so that I know exactly what to transcode to.

The only list I've found on here is for a different model and wasn't any more detailed than the spec sheet, it also listed .mkv files, which my TV doesn't even recognise.

It would be awesome if Sony provided transcoding software to get the best results, but I'm guessing it's a little bit beyond what the support they'd like to provide...

Thanks in advance,

srsaint

Message was edited by: srsaint - typo corrected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_BG.title
aisthima
Visitor

Hi,

Photo – format = JPEG; specs (DCF2.0/Exif2.21); MPF baseline; extensions - *.jpg and *.jpeg

Music – format = MP3; specs (MPEG-1 (ISO/IEC 11172-3); extensions - *.mp3

Video – format = MPEG1; specs (640 x 480 MPEG1; 320 X 240 MPEG1); extensions - *.mpg

-          Format = MP4(AVC/H264; specs (640 x 480/30p 3 Mbps) – extension *.mp4

-          Format = DivX; Specs (DivX Home Theater 3.0) – extensions *.avi

For video conversion use the official DixX convertor www.divx.com

Dessy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
zabijan
Visitor

Hi dear Srsaint

You can go to in this site ( http://www.filehippo.com/download_freemake_video_converter/ )and download the software then install it and convert the video for your TV then you can watch it via usb it is good software you can convert any type of video in good quality

I hope it will be useful

srsaint
Visitor

Hi Zabijan,

thanks for your response, but I understand the transcoding process and have a couple of programmes to do it with. As I noted, I'm struggling to find a suitable combination of video & audio codec that plays on the TV from the USB which is why I asked if anyone had access to a detailed list.

I've just downloaded Handbrake as suggested on another thread, but haven't had time to try out yet. If I can get a format out of that which plays on the Bravia, I'll post on here exactly what it is.

Cheers,

srsaint

profile.country.en_BG.title
aisthima
Visitor

Hi,

Photo – format = JPEG; specs (DCF2.0/Exif2.21); MPF baseline; extensions - *.jpg and *.jpeg

Music – format = MP3; specs (MPEG-1 (ISO/IEC 11172-3); extensions - *.mp3

Video – format = MPEG1; specs (640 x 480 MPEG1; 320 X 240 MPEG1); extensions - *.mpg

-          Format = MP4(AVC/H264; specs (640 x 480/30p 3 Mbps) – extension *.mp4

-          Format = DivX; Specs (DivX Home Theater 3.0) – extensions *.avi

For video conversion use the official DixX convertor www.divx.com

Dessy