Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32V550 Guideplus How do I update ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Francis-the-mule
Visitor

KDL-32V550 Guideplus How do I update ?

The Guide plus  retune facility does not complete. Many details are missing from the Guide.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As the Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) is not displaying entries, as well as the fact that when you retune your TV, this indicates to me that you have a reception issue with your aerial.  Your first step is to ensure that you receive a good signal strength and signal quality.  Sometimes a good quality aerial lead can also assist.

Hope that helps.

sthoope46
Explorer

I have the same tv and exatly the same problem.

My aerial reception is good and I am on the latest firmware (1.752ea)

When trying to retune I sometimes get a message saying that the feature is not available as there is no clock data.

Some channels have EPG data but most do not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

How do you know your reception is good?  As unfortunately, these symptons suggest a reception/signal issue. You can get different signals strength and quality on different multiplexes on a transmitter.

The channels that have EPG data, are they all on the same multiplex/s (same with the ones that don't).  See : http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings  and look in the 'MUX' column. 

Suggest changing your aerial cable that connects from the wall to the TV as well. 

Also, unplug everything that is connected to the TV, except the TVs power cord and aerial cable.  Then Test.  If it works, add one device at a time, testing each time until you come across the problem device - as it might be an electrical interference issue.

Cheers