Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32w653 to wall mount brackets?

SOLVED
mupatel42
Explorer

KDL-32w653 to wall mount brackets?

Hi,

Hope you can help. I have just bought a KDL-32w653 for another roonand I need to mount it on the wall. The standard brackets supplied only fits flush to the wall, I will need something that can come away from the wall and at a slight angle.

I cannot seem to find any brackets that fit, I was expecting the TV to be VESA compatible, unless I cannot understand the mounting, I am generally good at DIY so do SONY have  wierd fitting standard? My normal full size Bravia is great and I have always had Sony TV's.

Thanks.

Mukesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mupatel42
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the prompt reply! I called Sony too, but their systems are down and asked me to call bcak after two hours.....

I feared as much - nothing on the back looks like any of the brackets available - I will consider the work around. Sadly this probably means I will take the TV back and end up with a Panasonic (better picture anyway) or Samsung for more apps.

I bought the Sony because of loyalty to the brand - keeping all tvs largley the same for ease of use.

Its not worth the aggravation, when I can get a better picture and standard  mounting. The only bracket availalable costs over 50% of the TV!  Come on Sony get your act together - My Main Bravia fantastic, you are testing the loyalty of your customers!

Quinnicus - Thanks again, you do a sterling job having read your posts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This thread should answer your question:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Televisions/Wall-mounting-a-Bravia-KDL42W653A/m-p/1441584#U1441584

Cheers

mupatel42
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for the prompt reply! I called Sony too, but their systems are down and asked me to call bcak after two hours.....

I feared as much - nothing on the back looks like any of the brackets available - I will consider the work around. Sadly this probably means I will take the TV back and end up with a Panasonic (better picture anyway) or Samsung for more apps.

I bought the Sony because of loyalty to the brand - keeping all tvs largley the same for ease of use.

Its not worth the aggravation, when I can get a better picture and standard  mounting. The only bracket availalable costs over 50% of the TV!  Come on Sony get your act together - My Main Bravia fantastic, you are testing the loyalty of your customers!

Quinnicus - Thanks again, you do a sterling job having read your posts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Whatever TV you end up with, good luck with it all :four_leaf_clover:

profile.country.de_DE.title
st_groth
Explorer