Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W706B screencast from PC trough wired LAN connection?

profile.country.GB.title
rizzo76
New

KDL-32W706B screencast from PC trough wired LAN connection?

Dear Community!

I have a small LAN at home: My Win10 PC have connection to my router by wired Eth., and my KDL-32W706B have connection to my router by wired Eth. too.

I would like to share my PC's screen, or cast videos to the smart TV. Do you have any idea without extra hardware parts?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @rizzo76,

This is only possible via Miracast – a direct WiFi connection.  Via cable (Ethernet connection) this isn’t possible.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cass

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

In addition to what Cass_N says above, you can stream photos, music and movies to the TV from your PC using the DLNA functions. 

Firstly you will need to switch on DLNA Server functions on your PC.  A google search gives these instructions for Windows 10 : HERE.

Next, see these instructions on how to play content on your TV : HERE.

Note: You can only play the files that the TV Supports.  Supported files and codecs are HERE.

Alternatively, you can connect a HDMI cable from your PC (if your PC has a HDMI out port) and can screen mirror that way.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
KCTommy
Explorer

My router is in my workroom and the TV in the lounge. Because the floor is tongue&groove cabling was restricted so used power adaptors which carries data via the mains - worked perfectly until I switched to wireless for convenience. Occasional memory problems might force a return to adaoter usage 

profile.country.GB.title
KCTommy
Explorer

My router is in my workroom and the TV in the lounge. Because the floor is tongue&groove cabling was restricted so used power adaptors which carries data via the mains - worked perfectly until I switched to wireless for convenience. Occasional memory problems might force a return to adaptor usage