Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32WD751 - wifi issue - model not even listed in support

aidan37
Explorer

KDL-32WD751 - wifi issue - model not even listed in support

Hi, I just bought the aforementioned TV brand new yesterday - I set it all up (which included software update) straight away and it connected to my wifi no problems and I watched Netflix all night. 

Today, it can't connect to the wifi. It doesn't even find the router (which is 10 feet away), and the router is not at fault because I am using it right now with my laptop to write this post.

The connectivity test says it finds the onboard wifi, but doesn't find any wifi routers -there are several in range as I live in a block of flats. I tried looking for some help on the Sony support site and it doesn't even acknowledge that this specific model exists - the page has thousands of models listed (shown below), even the models ending with a 0 and a 2, but not my one ending in 1.

How can this TV and Sony support be so sh**? Is this TV simply broken?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

If you had a Firmware Update then you must delete(forget) your previously created WiFi connection(s), reboot by pressing green power button for more than 5 seconds and after reboot re-create your connection.

If this doesn't work try a factory reset your TV set and adjust everything from the beggining:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/kw/factory%20reset

aidan37
Explorer

Well this is the order I did it all:

1. Turn on TV for first time.
  2. Connected to wifi.
  3. Updated software.
  4. Watched Netflix - all fine.
  5. TV turned off and on again a couple of times at power - still working fine afterwards.
  6. Next day - Tv can't see any wifi signals.

So the TV found wifi before and after software update. I have reset the TV now and it is able to find wifi connections. I hope I don't have to do this again after another nights rest for the TV.

I suppose this is another possibly related issue: I'm trying to install Amazon Prime (I don't know why all other internet channels are pre-installed except Amazon which requires you to register your TV first), but I've looked at how to do it online, and it says you need to go to the "Activate Enhanced Features" option in the settings. I can't find it anywhere, and online I've seen people say this only appears when you have an internet connection - which I do have now. 

And again, because my specific TV model isn't listed (and every single model seems to have a slightly different menu), I cannot get to the pin code which I need to be able to use Amazon. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

I am sorry, I cannot help you with Amazon since not included for my Country.

The best I can suggest is : A call at Sony Support

They will guide you to solve.

I hope so.

Towpillah
Explorer

Hi fellow WD751 owner.

My WiFi works, but I'm struggling with the absence of Amazon video as well. Did you solve it or get a response yet? 

I've hammered the update and refresh online content numerous times and done a reset but doesn't seem to have an effect on what's included in All Apps.(Sent a message to Support but yet to receive a response)

aidan37
Explorer

Hi, I actually received a response from Sony support last night - they said Amazon is not currently available on this TV, but will be with the next software update. 

No news on when that update will be, but when it is available, I hope it will be added automatically, as there is still no way to access this pin code we need to install it ourselves!

Towpillah
Explorer

Thanks for the response.

Funny thing is I actually received the TV in error from Argos instead of KDL-32W705CBU, but we agreed that I'll keep this one as the specs are quite similar and it's actually more expensive and newer. I started to regret that decision as the older one has 4 HDMI ports, USB3, SideView Support etc(I can't believe 2016 WD models don't have it!), and apparently it works.

But I guess it's just wait and see then, I suppose the TV is just 'too new' or something. Mind you if they sell the TV they should have it ready to function. Thanks anyways. :slight_smile:

well Argos must have an error in their system because they did exactly the same to me 2 days ago! sent me this tv rather than the 705 that i ordered!

it took me such a long time to find any sort of comparison between the two. exactly like you i got to the conclusion to keep it due to the better sound, and higher price tag! not sure if it is newer or the 2016 model though as if you go on the Sony website the model numbers start at 752 now rather than 751, strange!

haven't had any wifi issues yet though, fingers crossed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The only couple of differences that i can see between the WD750 and the WD752 are

WD750:

• Finish (surface colour) - Black
  • Supplied Operating Instructions - FR,DE,NL,ES,PT,IT,PL,CZ,SK,HU,RO,BG,GR,TR
  • Model Code - CEI

WD752:

• Finish (surface colour) - Silver
  • Supplied Operating Instructions - GB
  • Model Code - UKA

Now im not to sure on model code, but going by the supplied operating instructions provided, one will be for EU area, the other for UK.  

So, the WD752 for the UK has a Silver finish.  If someone can confirm if the WD751 in the UK has a black finish, then that would be the difference. 

Cheers

Numpsy
Explorer

Add me to the list of people who ordered a 705 from Argos and got a 751.

Problem I have is that one of the reasons I went for the 705 is that it has a DVB-S tuner as well as DVB-T, whereas as far as I can see the 751 is T only? (plus the extra HDMIs are an advantage).