Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32WD751 - wifi issue - model not even listed in support

aidan37
Explorer

KDL-32WD751 - wifi issue - model not even listed in support

Hi, I just bought the aforementioned TV brand new yesterday - I set it all up (which included software update) straight away and it connected to my wifi no problems and I watched Netflix all night. 

Today, it can't connect to the wifi. It doesn't even find the router (which is 10 feet away), and the router is not at fault because I am using it right now with my laptop to write this post.

The connectivity test says it finds the onboard wifi, but doesn't find any wifi routers -there are several in range as I live in a block of flats. I tried looking for some help on the Sony support site and it doesn't even acknowledge that this specific model exists - the page has thousands of models listed (shown below), even the models ending with a 0 and a 2, but not my one ending in 1.

How can this TV and Sony support be so sh**? Is this TV simply broken?

11 REPLIES 11
dahudso52
Explorer

Same thing here - ordered 705 got the 751. What I was told was that in the new catalogue (which I think came out last weekend) the 705 has been replaced by the 751 so the catalogue number was updated in advance.

Anyway, my reason for posting - when registering the TV what are we supposed to pick as '751' isn't an option? Registering the 'wrong' model number will surely cause a problem if I ever have to make a warranty claim...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all

The Amazon app should now be available, one you have updated your TV.  Please see the following link: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdl-wd6-wd7-upd-v8114-DE-AT-GB/

Cheers