Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX500 constantly restarts with UWA-BR100

profile.country.da_DK.title
tebirkes
Visitor

KDL-40EX500 constantly restarts with UWA-BR100

Just curious if anyone else HAS this device combination and is experiencing the same problem. Best of all, has anyone figured out how to solve it.

Problem: When I plug the USB WLAN adapter into the TV, the TV detects it but when the TV tries to begin using it, the TV restarts instead. The entire TV turns off, turns itself back on, displays whatever signal it had been displaying before the shutdown, detects the USB dongle, "freaks out", and then begins the whole procedure over again. Sometimes the interval between restart and shutdown is 10 seconds, sometimes it's over 2 hours, but most of the time it's somewhere inbetween. Makes watching a show impossible of course, so I unplug the dongle. Which makes using it to connect to the internet impossible, so I get the feeling I have wasted money buying these SONY products.

Suggestions, comments, condolences?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

dunno about condolences as you've not managed to kill the set off yet!, however sounds to me like a faulty dongle and would strongly suggest taking it back for a replacement, would it be possible to see if you can connect by using a LAN cable, just for the perpose of seeing if this will work?.

i have never heard of a dongle causing this kind of behaviour before, perhaps suggest to try the LAN as i've already said and update the tv, then try the set up with a new dongle again and see if it behaves itself.

profile.country.nl_BE.title
GeHe001
Visitor

Got that same problem, did you find a solution for the problem?

greetings