Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX503 hangs on bad signal

profile.country.SE.title
jadedcyborg

KDL-40EX503 hangs on bad signal

Hello,

Sometimes when the signal from the cable TV network is very poor (but not completely absent) the TV hangs and stops responding to button presses on both the remote control and the TV. Trying to restart the TV, it will just go back to the same channel and hangs again. Even if you disconnect the power cord for 1 minute before restart it does the same. The only way to regain control seems to be pulling out the antenna plug as the signal disappears completely or to do a factory reset.

Although the problem occurs only when the signal is poor, it's not aceptable that the TV's correct function is dependent on it, that is it should not hang just because the signal is poor.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? (besides improvning the signal, which is another issue)

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ensure that you have the most upto date firmware installed on your tv.  

See:  https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlex-firmware-update-v4131eul/KD...

Also perform a factory reset of the tv: Settings > System Settings > General setup.

Those are the first two things to try.  If that fails, can you please tell us which country you are located and what cable operator you are with.  Are you using a CAM module?

Cheers

profile.country.SE.title
jadedcyborg

Yes, I have the latest update and and performed several factory resets. This behaviour is on the default settings.

I live in Sweden and my cable operator is ComHem. I have a CA module which I got from the operator, it has article number CI0311-CHM201 and software version 07.00.50.03.00.05.