Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 40ex503 network problems....?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chatterbox62
Visitor

KDL 40ex503 network problems....?

I have a KDL 40ex503 with wireless dongle.  It took quite a few cycles for the tv to see the network, but eventually all connected well.  However, every time the tv is turned off  I have to run through numerous cycles to reconnect.  Any ideas on how I can get the tv to connect automatically when it is turned on?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi chatterbox62

I've read that unless you use the recommended Sony dongle you will get these problems. Best if you connect it by a network cable. Either direct to BB Router or via HomePlugs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slowtrain
Visitor

Hi chatterbox62

I've read that unless you use the recommended Sony dongle you will get these problems. Best if you connect it by a network cable. Either direct to BB Router or via HomePlugs.

chatterbox62
Visitor

Thanks slowtrain - This is the recommended Sony dongle!!  The position of the tv is such that it isn't really feasible to connect using wires, so I guess the next step is official Sony support?!

slowtrain
Visitor

Hi again,

I've more to time to think about this and wireless connection can be notoriously troublesome to configure. I was always try to shy away from them if they don't work first time, perhaps it's the lack of knowledge I have on the subject.

I still think you should use HomePlugs to sort out the reconnection issue. The Home Plug should be easy to install no matter how awkward your situation is.

I see it this way, there must be a spare mains socket by your TV or you should be able to get one, and your home BB router must get power from a mains supply close by. Again it shouldn't be too difficult to get an extra free mains socket.

Then all you need to do is to get a two HomePlugs fit them in the free mains sockets connect the two short LAN cables to all the devices and off you go. The network connection is made using the house wiring.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-200Mbps-Home-Double/dp/B001AIKBB4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=128692106...

By all means see if you can get any help Sony support there may well be a fix to this, but going wired is 10 times better.

chatterbox62
Visitor

Hi slowtrain

Thanks for this - I haven't come across this solution before, but it looks very interesting, and I will give it some thought - thank you!

I'll post back here if/when I get it resolved

PFloodfinance
Visitor

Does that mean that the Belkin wireless USB Adapter, PC world sold me is wrong to try to get connected. It does not seem to work.

slowtrain
Visitor

Hi PFloodfinance.

In short yes. These Bravia TVs are very specfic on accessories taht you can attach. It should have been  UWA-BR100. USB Wireless LAN adaptor for Wi-Fi Ready TVs

Get your money back I say. And perhaps think about going wired with HomePlugs. Plenty to choose from on the web. Going wireless can lead to connecting problems in certain cases.

Good luck.