Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40HX723: can front silver panel be replaced by a black one (as per EX723), at a repair centre?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Gigerty
Visitor

KDL-40HX723: can front silver panel be replaced by a black one (as per EX723), at a repair centre?

Hi,

Does anybody know if it the front lower silver panel on the KDL-40HX723 can be swapped for a black one?  Obviously, this is not a normal option for this TV, but is it possible to order a compatible black one (e.g. for the EX723) and have it fitted separately?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm - probably unlikely to be honest as the frames between chassis (e.g. EX & HX) would be different so parts simply wouldn't fit. Feel free to check with your local repair centre as they might be able to confirm, but I'm guessing it would be impossible.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm - probably unlikely to be honest as the frames between chassis (e.g. EX & HX) would be different so parts simply wouldn't fit. Feel free to check with your local repair centre as they might be able to confirm, but I'm guessing it would be impossible.

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

if your dead set on having the lower part of the bezel black the only other option is to get it removed and professionally sprayed black, but to be honest its a bit of a palaver and i would not recommend it, i only put it to you as an option.