Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40HX803 best picture settings any advice?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
holidaychicken
Visitor

KDL-40HX803 best picture settings any advice?

hi all, quite new to this but here goes..

i have had the tv for around a year and just discovered a load of advanced settings in the picture menu.

this is my first flat screen tv but have noticed that the darker colours or black colours seem to pixelate or 'move' sometimes, its like there are blurry patches say when someone has a very dark coat on for example.

i was wondering if there is a particular setting that gives better quality dark colours, or if this is nornal for this type of TV.

alternatively is there is a general settings guide that other users have found best for picture quality.

any help would be much appreicated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

could possibly be a motion issue, tweak the set up from scratch, try not to set every picture tweak on, just motionflow to clear to start with and see how that goes.

you are bound to have a THX disc in your collection, just look for the THX logo on the bottom edge of the cases, some disney films have it as well.

anyway its christmas!!, have a good one.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is a tricky one to answer as its down to each individual set and the room lighting etc how it tends to look and of coarse the individual eye, only advice i can offer is to factory re set everything and find a DVD or Blu Ray disc that has the THX optimiser on it, examples are T2 and Star Wars, you will find the optimiser in the menu of the disc, you can then set it up using the picture settings in there.

holidaychicken
Visitor

hi, thanks again....

i didnt know they exisited i'll try and get my hands on one, does the issue with the dark colours sound familiar, its as if the dark colours are moving or rippling or like a shadow is passing over them, bit difficult to describe

thanks for your help

Bravia55HX

could possibly be a motion issue, tweak the set up from scratch, try not to set every picture tweak on, just motionflow to clear to start with and see how that goes.

you are bound to have a THX disc in your collection, just look for the THX logo on the bottom edge of the cases, some disney films have it as well.

anyway its christmas!!, have a good one.

holidaychicken
Visitor

thanks very much for your help, you are right, where is that wine, enjoy yourself

i'll pick this up later.....:smileyhappy: