Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

profile.country.en_GB.title
nishmalek
Visitor

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

i have exactly the same problem as the other people who have written about this tv model on the forum and there seems to be manty many more out thereon forums reporting the same problem that sony will not acknowledge.

there are dark lines running down my screen and a dark shadow line about an inch think on the right hand side of my screen, this was more noticable when watching football. my tv is not under warrranty anymore but is only 2 and a 1/2 years old. it seems that sony have created their screens to only last this long as lots of people have the same complaint.

i have just rang sony and i have been told that "there is no known problems with this model" that is rubbish as clearly there are a few of us just on this forum with the same pronblem. So we are paying about £1000 for a tv that will only last 2.5 years. i am disgusted with the lack of help and support from the sony call centre staff who basically said i need to get it fixed myself and i need to book it in with a service engineer. I suspect this is a problem with the panel or with the screen where a replace ment would cost you more than getting a new set. it would cost me £45 just for someone to come out and tell me that without even having it repaired. as a dedicated sony buyer over the years i cannot believe that my most expensive buy has only lasted 2.5 years.

WHY IS SONY NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM??

258 REPLIES 258
NekroNeko
Visitor

I feel somewhat envious of you guys with the shadow issue, my KDL-40V3000 actually has a burn in effect if any image is on screen for even a second, you can imagine how bad that gets when you play games and a lot of the HUD is onscreen constantly.  The colours are off too and if the image is bright it has straight verticle bars of contrasting colours and lines.  I've never heard of a good thing said about this set and now I read this.  I guess I'm going to have to try my luck at seeing if I can get this repaired for free but I doubt it.

One thing I do know, is that the next set I buy will not be a Sony, I'll probably go with Samsung or LG.

Jay2203
Visitor

Well I have just purchased a replacement TV as we can't stand the shadow effect any longer and for the first time in 32 years of marriage it is NOT a Sony. Have never known a company with such bad customer service. Never again will I have a Sony product in my home, not because I do not like the products...I love them...but because Sony's customer service stinks. These companies wonder why they go into liquidation...take a look at yourself Sony, you could be next. You only survive if you have customers remember!!

On a side note, my son purchased a Sony laptop which lasted just over a year before it had to be replaced. Maybe you want to take a long hard look at yourself Sony as something's not working the way it used to!!

rhoyes
Visitor

I purchased a sony KDL-40V3000 back in early 2009 and have the exact same problem dark shading and lines . This has being going on now for 6 months and is now so bad the TV is useless

I have tried in vain to talk to sony the line drops or either myself or my wife cannot understand them and they are just down right rude making the whole process painful and that id rather shove something sharp and pointy up my posterior than go through another minute talking to this very very unhelpful customer service useless company.

So my advice do not ever buy Sony, again that for me alone is a lot as I have quite of lot of outdated sony product that I will be replacing in the near future . They charge a premium price for a sub standard product and if you have a problem with it they basically fob you of and deliberately hold you on the premium telephone line for as long as they can

So adios Sony im off to do some research and find a quality product manufacturer who cares about aftermarket customer service and will let everyone know my story of woe with yourselves (2 already and that now adds up to 6 televsions that will not be purchased this year or ever again from Sony from what where loyal to the the brand)

This is how companies like you go down the pan and judging by what I have been through and all the other related posts you already are

theboss23
Visitor

Hi

I too have this very same problem...

Is anybody getting anywhere with this ?

P.

littlemissnameless
Visitor

Having a similar problem here. TV model Sony KDL 40V3000

Bought from JL.com 5 years ago in 2008.

Have the dark shadowing, but also, and much more annoyingly, partial blackouts.

Anyways its been taken for repairing, I wonder what the problem is, and what they will say!

kct1943
Explorer

Just seen this, reviewing the complaints over again and have sent mine into Watchdog. I'm not expecting much joy after all this time and still can't believe Sony have kept very quiet over it. Bad Sony!

ayyan88
Explorer

Avoid SONY product complitely.

akean77
New

With so many faithful Sony customers having this problem why do they not admit it?
I have Sony tvs, video recorders, DVD players and even a video player have basically only bought Sony .
Do I think I will in the future I doubt it why pay a premuim to get a sub standard product?
Come on Sony do something about this problem.
Beranholt
New

Just started happening with my KDL-40W4500 though shadows plus light horizontal lines when turned on. Thanks for the heads up. Appears no point in getting it repaired so will need to start looking for a manufacturer who makes and stands by their products. Sony once was  and it was worth the premium for quality, now it appears quality is no longer built in.