Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

profile.country.en_GB.title
nishmalek
Visitor

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

i have exactly the same problem as the other people who have written about this tv model on the forum and there seems to be manty many more out thereon forums reporting the same problem that sony will not acknowledge.

there are dark lines running down my screen and a dark shadow line about an inch think on the right hand side of my screen, this was more noticable when watching football. my tv is not under warrranty anymore but is only 2 and a 1/2 years old. it seems that sony have created their screens to only last this long as lots of people have the same complaint.

i have just rang sony and i have been told that "there is no known problems with this model" that is rubbish as clearly there are a few of us just on this forum with the same pronblem. So we are paying about £1000 for a tv that will only last 2.5 years. i am disgusted with the lack of help and support from the sony call centre staff who basically said i need to get it fixed myself and i need to book it in with a service engineer. I suspect this is a problem with the panel or with the screen where a replace ment would cost you more than getting a new set. it would cost me £45 just for someone to come out and tell me that without even having it repaired. as a dedicated sony buyer over the years i cannot believe that my most expensive buy has only lasted 2.5 years.

WHY IS SONY NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM??

258 REPLIES 258
sandeep1971
Visitor

Hi ,  I bought my Sony 46 inch in Jan 2008 and I too have got these lines running across the screen  for the last week which I cannot get rid off.. They are quite a few of them and spoil the viewing pleasure considerably..cannot believe that a Sony tv can be so bad..what can be done about this???

Pinball
Visitor

Purchased my KDL-40V3000 in March 2008

My screen has the grey shadows over the left portion of the screen and gradually got worse.

This is a clear issue with this set.

I have just read this post by "StartTheCar"

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/659078#659078

I laughed that you havent listed the "V" spec Tv.

This needs sorting out and the KDL-40V3000 needs listing in that list without question.

kingnezzer
Visitor

Absolutely disgusting that the V series has not been included, apparently there is no problem with this model but looking at the people on here and other forums i beg to differ.

duncangal999
Visitor

Hi All,

I've got the 40v2500 and also have the same issue. Had the set for 2.5 years, it started going dark on one side of the screen around christmas time and appeared to be OK after 30mins of viewing. Unfortunately it now does the same thing but then reverts back to the dark screen after 1.5 hours of viewing.

I have always bought Sony products due to the fact that they have alaways been good quality - every set in my house is Sony, as is all my AV and audio equipment. Believe me they have lost brand loyalty from me after this.

I havent complained yet - has anyone got the address for Customer service?

I am thinking of just buying a Samsung.

StartTheCar
Contributor

I understand your frustration, but I can’t start adding models to a service bulletin when they are not affected by the specific reported problem.  To do so would cause no end of confusion and ultimately prove counter productive.

As I do with all customer feedback, I have passed on the details of this thread to the relevant product group.  No promises on an outcome, but I will let you know as soon as I get a reply.

In the meantime, feel fee to PM me with your specific issues and I will take a look.

Regards
Lee

mstaniak
Explorer

I remember when buying V3000 I couldn't afford the same size W**** or X**** series TV since they were more expensive - that's the reason V is not on the list.

Sony has sold less W and X, I guess V sales were higher than W and X altogether in 2008/2009, so now they decided that they can afford to acknowledge the fact and let handful of the the X/W customers to have their problems sorted.

The fact that we have paid only £1k for V3000 means they can show us middle finger... but I belive it is just the matter of time: since they acknowledged fault with X/W and seing the volume of issues with V series panels it will be very, very difficult to convince the watchdog that the V models are free from fault...

Pinball
Visitor

It appears that the Streak/Shadow issue is really beginning to rear its ugly head for most people who purchased the TV in 2008 and into 2009.

Hopefully more and more people will continue to come forward with this problem.

Pinball
Visitor

My fantastic Sony KDL-40V3000 in all its streak/shadow glory.

adyadyady
Visitor

Picture 001.jpg

Picture.jpg

As you can see I have the exact same problem.

It actually happened a while ago but I've put up with it as it's only really noticable on paler backgrounds but now it's just frustrating to watch especially as I watch a lot of football.

I rang Sony and they referred me to a local repair service and they said it would cost £60 so I rang Sony back again arguing my case that it's obviously a manufacturing fault as others clearly have the same problem with this model but they wouldnt budge. They said they could only do a good will gesture once the TV has been looked at so I'm risking losing my £60 if they say no but hopefully with the amount of people with the same problem on here, Sony will soon realise there is an issue here.

Got an engineer coming tomorrow, hopefully I can persuade him to tell Sony it's a manufacturing fault! I'll mention this thread :slight_smile:

davarob
New

well im just back from my nearest authorised sony repair centre,nearly 140 mile round trip,,my lcd panel was replaced when the tv was 10months old,i have the exactly the same fault again,been quoted £502 for another new lcd panel,lets see what sony say!