Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

profile.country.en_GB.title
nishmalek
Visitor

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

i have exactly the same problem as the other people who have written about this tv model on the forum and there seems to be manty many more out thereon forums reporting the same problem that sony will not acknowledge.

there are dark lines running down my screen and a dark shadow line about an inch think on the right hand side of my screen, this was more noticable when watching football. my tv is not under warrranty anymore but is only 2 and a 1/2 years old. it seems that sony have created their screens to only last this long as lots of people have the same complaint.

i have just rang sony and i have been told that "there is no known problems with this model" that is rubbish as clearly there are a few of us just on this forum with the same pronblem. So we are paying about £1000 for a tv that will only last 2.5 years. i am disgusted with the lack of help and support from the sony call centre staff who basically said i need to get it fixed myself and i need to book it in with a service engineer. I suspect this is a problem with the panel or with the screen where a replace ment would cost you more than getting a new set. it would cost me £45 just for someone to come out and tell me that without even having it repaired. as a dedicated sony buyer over the years i cannot believe that my most expensive buy has only lasted 2.5 years.

WHY IS SONY NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM??

258 REPLIES 258
duncangal999
Visitor

Taken Pics of mine last night - half the screen in dark shadow and blue section on far left.

kingnezzer
Visitor

This is not just happening to the 40 inch model, as my 46inch v3000 is suffering exactly the same issues

adyadyady
Visitor

I just paid £60 for an engineer to tell me what I already knew, I need a new panel or a new TV if they don't have the panel anymore. Hopefully Sony will realise that it's a manufacturing fault and I won't have to pay for a new panel or new TV.

Just got a call back saying the total price is £568 for the repair but they don't have any in stock so Sony would offer me an equivalent or better TV than the KDL40V3000 for that price.

Message was edited by: adyadyady

kingnezzer
Visitor

I am getting really really annoyed with Sonys attitude towards the problems on this model, they tell you to pay out of your own money to get an engineers report and they will then look at your case, then when you send it in  they are saying there is no known issues with the V3000 and that they can only offer a partial "goodwill offer"!

Sony please realise that we cannot keep spending more money on a faulty product that you have supplied, especially as some past cases have had their tvs fixed under warrenty only for the problems to return 3 months later.

It is down to you to sort this out and fix our televisions.

Message was edited by: kingnezzer

Pinball
Visitor

What a joke this is,

the V3000 model clearly has a manufacturing defect.

Its no coincidence that so many people are reporting the same issue.

This is not user damage , this is TV's that have degraded in a very short space of time which is not acceptable for the amount of time the TV's have been in service.

You cannot deny to these people Sony that this is a random occurance,

Utter Rubbish

KEEP THE PHOTOS COMING PEOPLE

Message was edited by: Pinball

adyadyady
Visitor

Rang Sony after getting my repair estimate and was told to send a written copy of my estimate, my receipt of purchase and a covering letter explaining why I think I have a claim to get a replacement set.

Pinball
Visitor

adyadyady wrote:

Rang Sony after getting my repair estimate and was told to send a written copy of my estimate, my receipt of purchase and a covering letter explaining why I think I have a claim to get a replacement set.

Fingers crossed for you, keep us informed as to your progress.

kingnezzer
Visitor

Dont be prepared for a speedy response from them it took them a month to reply to me. The company who assesed my tv for repair said that if i had the tv repaired with them within 28 days of the report being undertaken i would be able to get the cost of the report deducted, due to Sonys lengthly time in replying they have now cost me an extra £50 arggghh.

I suggest that everyone post on here what Sony are coming back offering with reagrds to repair or replacement television there should be a fair system that they are using with regards to compensation.

kingnezzer
Visitor

Absolutely disgusting, there is no consistancy whatsoever here Sony:

When i phoned Sony after having my repair estimate (£664) i was told then that they would give me £297 towards the repair, after a letter they have now upped their offer to 50%. I am not going to pay out a further £330 towards a repair that i understand from other sources has then needed another new panel after 6 months.

I have read somewhere on an american site that there is a problem with the design of this tv. By having the control panel on the top of the television this affects the cooling on this model and is causing these problems, this would appear to make sense

I know of others that have been given replacement televisions and repairs at no cost, and I will not settle for anything else.

Sony must acknowledge that there is a problem with the V3000 range and there must a fair and equal compensation scheme in place

duncangal999
Visitor

I have just got this back from Sony

I am pleased to read you are the owner of a KDL-40V3000 BRAVIA  Television, however, I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you have  been encountering.

Sony is not aware of any known issue with the  KDL-40V3000 model, and any fault with them will be treated as per the  normal service and guarantee procedures. Any customer with the same  issue should follow the same process.

As a result, we would  suggest that your product is examined by an Authorised Service Centre.   You may wish to do this by contacting your original supplying retailer,  or, if this is not possible - to locate your nearest Authorised Service  Centre, please go to www.sony.co.uk.

Click on Support

Select Repair Service
Enter the model number in the drop down box
You will be in the General tab area
Select the Repair/Information request tab
Scroll down to the Service Centres search link

This will take you to the Service Centre Locator where you can search via postcode or town and the type of product.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Samantha Robinson
Customer Information Centre
SONY UNITED KINGDOM

What a load of rubbish - how many of us on here have dud product?