Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40W605B v KDL-42W705B

MikelAA23
New

KDL-40W605B v KDL-42W705B

I'm looking at buying either the KDL-40W605B or the KDL-42W705B. I have looked at reviews and both seem to be good TV's I just want to know whether they are good quality TV's and what picture quality is like. What are the differences between the two TV's apart from 2 inchs and a large price difference. Which one is the better choice.

Thanks for any help and advice.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you google "difference between sony w6 and w7"  and it should come up with some answers.  However ultimately I would recommend you visiting your nearest Sony store and simply compare the two in a side-by-side test.  There is only so much reading you can do, the next part is 'you'.  Its your choices and preferences (likes and dislikes) will probably be the deciding factor.

Also, depending on how many devices you wish to connect, more HDMI ports the better :wink:

Cheers

MikelAA23
New

I visited curry's and they are both great picture quality, however went to costco and came across the sony KDL40r483, they advertise the tv as a smart tv however looking on the sony website and other websites it doesnt look like it is a smart tv. Could someone clear this up for me. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The general definition of a "Smart TV" is when a TV has internet applications such as iPlayer, YouTube etc.

I can confirm that this TV (KDL-40R483B) is NOT a Smart TV by that definition. 

R483B.jpg

There are a couple of reasons why the TV has networking capabilities.  According to the standard set for DVB-T2 tuners in the UK (Freeview HD+) the TV must be able to connect to the IPTV TV channels (225 range).  Therefore you need a network connection for that.  Sony have also added wireless capabilities for the purpose of connecting mobile phones such as the Xperia via wifi-direct, miracast etc.

Hopefully that helps.

Cheers