Join now - be part of our community!

Kdl 42w 807 and sound bar to suit?

profile.country.GB.title
Flashheart8
Explorer

Kdl 42w 807 and sound bar to suit?

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Sony Kdl-42w807 and i'm really struggling to find a sound bar to fit.

The tv sits on it's stand, on a cabinet, length is no problem but the height to the screen is only around 68mm.

Would love a Sony sound bar but none seem to fit and span the tv's stand, underneath.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, realisticly my budget is around £300.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i think you will be hard pressed to find a suitable soundbar to sit directly under the tv owing to the design of the stand it sits on, you may however be able to put one on the shelf immediately under the tv if for example you have a glass stand or equivalent to put it on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You really only have one choice in my oppinion - the HT-CT260H

If the soundbar blocks the IR port of the TV, there is a function on the soundbar called IR REP

"If the remote control of a TV cannot control the TV, the SoundBar can relay the remote control signal to the TV to control the TV"

Have a look

Alternatively, have you looked at a Bluray Home Theatre System : HERE as you will get either a 2.1 or 5.1 speakers with a bluray player with a few within your budget range.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Flashheart8
Explorer

I'm afraid underneath isn't an option but thanks.
profile.country.GB.title
Flashheart8
Explorer

Looked at the HT-CT260H, was my 1st choise but 30mm higher than the screen.

Already have a good Sony Blu-ray player and Mrs won't have speakers away from the tv :).

Thanks anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No probs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about something like this as well ?

www.amazon.co.uk/FS205-Universal-Shelves-Bracket-Plasma/dp/B000WGMOJM/

31Dczm1YBhL.jpg

Need to do your research first though.

profile.country.GB.title
Flashheart8
Explorer

Thanks i'd certainly have the new stand but not a chance of getting rid of her wooden thing 😕
Probably have to go with LG then (LG NB4530A)
Shame!