Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 42W653A EPG Showing "No Event Information" for many Freeview Channels

SOLVED
BarrieP
New

KDL 42W653A EPG Showing "No Event Information" for many Freeview Channels

Never, ever had this problem with a £20 Tesco branded Freeview Box, so clearly the problem is the TV, but what can be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gabitait
Explorer

Yes we are but we have just set the whole tele back to factory settings and
hey its back!

Maybe that helps you too.

Thanks

Gabi

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BarrieP
New

Thanks, I'll re-tuning trick once the current movie has finished... I'm not that hopeful, but worth a try!

BarrieP
New

Still the same ( as I expected... though worth a try! )

I've got a better aerial cable on order, which might help if the signal is too iffy, though it was fine for previous STB...

It's perhaps also possible that :

1) The STB kept the list up to date while on standby, and the TV doesn't ?

2) The STB was better at re-trying when it had failed to get program info ( e.g. due to iffy reception ) ?

It's pretty crap that an old £20 Technika STB vastly outperforms a new, £500 Sony Smart TV on such fundamental functionality...

Anonymous
Not applicable

What channels or groups of channels are you having problems with.

The following website lists the channels according to which multiplex they are on.  Generally if one has a problem, the others on that same multiplex will too.

http://www.ukfree.tv/allchannelsmuxes.php

a better aerial cable will also assist to - a shielded one preferably (incase of interferance)

Does your aerial cable go directly to the TV, or does it loop via another device/box first?

BarrieP
New

Lots of channels, but I'm not sure if it's consistant or not... I'll make a little log...  If I switch to an affected channel, it never fails to then get the info, and I've not yet seen any signal issue with the picture.

The aerial lead goes from a signal amp, straight to the TV...  it's actually 3 cables, I'm about to replace it with one longer one... ( only about 3m though ).

It's a rented house, so I don't know the history of the signal amp, but I can't get hold of an unamplified signal here.

In the bedroom is a regular socket... which seems to work AOK with the old STB ( which, to re-iterate had the same cables etc before, and worked fine ).

Gabitait
Explorer

I have the same problem ie BBC 1 and. 2 worked before Nd now they dont but for expample BBC news still works fine?  It just the HD channels that dont seem to all work. Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have the same problem at the moment (BBC HD Channels - Multiplex PSB3-BBCB) - Are you on the Oxford Transmitter?

Cheers

PS: Its probably a transmitter problem - or atmospherics.

Gabitait
Explorer

Yes we are but we have just set the whole tele back to factory settings and
hey its back!

Maybe that helps you too.

Thanks

Gabi
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just done a full retune - No not working properly for me.  But then again, I have had problems with other channels over the last 2 weeks or so.  Im in a flat complex, and other residences have the same issues - I'll get them to check our aerial/dish (again) as I think we have an additional problem.

Glad its working for you though :thumbsup: