Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W705 is NOT connecting to ipad with digital av adaptor

SOLVED
Rudenutt
New

KDL-42W705 is NOT connecting to ipad with digital av adaptor

Hi guys I bought a brand new KDL-42W705 and when I connect it with my ipad via digital av adaptor through the HDMI cable it doesn't work, doesn't pick it up. It worked fine on my other lg tv. 

I've tried different HDMI ports and made sure it was on the right HDMI channel any ideas or does it simply not work on this tv? Please could you help me thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rudenutt
New

Hi, I went to apple and asked them if they could check out the adaptor. I found out there was something wrong with it, maybe a wire loose inside because it would work at one point then not work suddenly. So they gave me a new one and it works fine now, thank you for your help though :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What iPad version do you have (iPad 2?)

Cheers

Rudenutt
New

I have an ipad 4th gen retina display on ios 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I don't know anything about apples and ipads, however from what I have briefly read the "Digital AV Adapter" does not work with an iPad4 (only iPad2). 

However, according to Apple, you need the "Lightning Digial AV Adapter".  Can you please confirm that you have this particular adapter?

Cheers

Rudenutt
New

Yes that is what I have, the lightening adaptor, I've just tried it again on my other tv so I'm guess it's the adaptor now, although I don't know why because it was working yesterday, I maybe have to take it to apple.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just curious on how you got on?  Did you manage to contact Apple?

Cheers

Rudenutt
New

Hi, I went to apple and asked them if they could check out the adaptor. I found out there was something wrong with it, maybe a wire loose inside because it would work at one point then not work suddenly. So they gave me a new one and it works fine now, thank you for your help though :slight_smile:
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome and im glad you've managed to fix it :slight_smile: