Explorer

KDL 42W8

HELP

APPS [bbc iplayer] demand5 keep disapearing from app menu

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.  Can you please describe things in more details?  Have you tried any troubleshooting yourself (as in checking to ensure that your TV is connected to your network/internet correctly). 

What is the exact model of your TV, you have part of it, whats the rest?

Sorry to ask questions, but Its hard to help without more information.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
lonngman51
Explorer

full model is KDL-42W829B

the main oroblem is on the home screen

when you sellect apps on the top bar two columns are shown

the left on  shows featured apps and the right shows installed  apps

the featured apps which list

bbciplayer, demand5, 4od, amazon video, itv, and others

depending on the mood of the tv depends if any of these are available mostly they are not

i   have turned off auto updates and it is still happening,,, the apps can disaapear forcdays and then just re appear

thanks

andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your symptoms sound more like a network issue.  Am I assuming that you've connected your TV to your network via wireless?  If so, can you please connect an ethernet cable to the TV and change the TVs network settings to LAN cable.  Then give this a test out.

Most applications will 'disapear' if the TV does not detect an internet/network connection/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
lonngman51
Explorer

the tv is connected via ethernet conn, we are on EEfibre

net work speed 38mbps

wireless speed 29mbps

will check network  speed when no apps are available

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool.

Just checked, the firmware version for your TV, should be : PKG2.263EUA  can you check this in the support section of the TV?

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

I'm guessing here. Did you use the "plus" item in the right side box, or "All Apps" at the bottom of the screen? From either you can reach a big messy list of all apps. You can scroll the list and add your favorite apps, which will then show in the right side box.