Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W829 - Connected Red Button

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

KDL-42W829 - Connected Red Button

Purchased this expecting Connected Red Button to be on board as with the 2013 models, it's not.

Any idea when this will be added, hopefiully imminently with the added CRB material for

Wimbledon

Workd Cup

Glastonbury and

Commonwealth Gsmes

due over the summer.

Surprised it's not already on board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the CRB is not supported on Sony 2014 TVs as you have gathered.  A list of supported devices is HERE.  Your TV is already compatible for the CRB, as it complies with the DBook standards set back in 2011.   You might be best to contact the BBC on this question, as only the BBC will know.

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately the CRB is not supported on Sony 2014 TVs as you have gathered.  A list of supported devices is HERE.  Your TV is already compatible for the CRB, as it complies with the DBook standards set back in 2011.   You might be best to contact the BBC on this question, as only the BBC will know.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Have done, seems every other manufacturer has added this service as a matter of course to their 2014 range, can you explain why Sony didn't do this, and more improtantly with Glastonbury out of bounds to us Sony 2014 viewers when it will be added. 

Seems a wholly unexplicable course of action for Sony to take. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you provide any links that many other manufacturers have the CRB on their 2014 TV line up.  I can only see 4 models of Panasonic's 2014 range - unless you have other information?

The BBC still have the CRB in beta stage......

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

A whole slew of Samsung receivers at the bottom of the list on the BBC's site are 2014 models.

Not withstanding this, I have heard from a Connected TV manager at the BBC that Sony 2014 should be enabled later this week in time for Glastonbury. Where the breakdown in communications, preventing earlier enabling, between Sony and the BBC occurred will be irrelevant then.

Fingers crossed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great news.

Fingers crossed and thank you for the information.  :four_leaf_clover:

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Understand that there are 'issues' which wont be resolved prior to Glastonbury today.

The new Connected RB shell replaced classic red button on Wednesday, I had hoped to see content yesterday unfortunately the classic version was restored. Today the shell is back but I understand that content wont be available until next week. Sad but at least progress in happening.

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

CRB was launched this morning on the KDL-42W829.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - Thank you for the update. 

Curious if many will notice the slight change in the look of the red button :slight_smile: