Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 46EX503 - unable to connect to internet (2123 error)

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Threadnaught
Visitor

KDL 46EX503 - unable to connect to internet (2123 error)

Hi,

I recently bought a KDL 46EX503. I'm having problems connecting to the internet for internet content.

My ISP is Virgin Media.

My router is a Belkin N1.

The television is on a wired connection direct from the router.

I have a PC, iPhone, laptop, and PS3 all connecting fine to the net through the same router, both wired and wirelessly.

The error message I get when trying to refresh Internet content or test the connection is:

"Configuration failed while connecting. The system has encountered an error. If problem persists, contact Sony <2123>." ...and then the usual retry, network settings, etc.

If I test the connection via the Wired Setup menu, the results I get are:

Cable Connection... OK

Local Access...OK

Internet Accesss...Failed

If I check the settings, I can see the TV has been assigned an IP ok by the router (this is confirmed by the routers admin screen). It has a valid subnet mask, DNS, and MAC address.

I have tried the following:

- Tested several ethernet cables (just in case)

- Manually assigning a different IP address

- Resetting the television to factory defaults

- Cloning the MAC address of my PC to the router

- Using my routers DMZ feature to put the televisions IP outside the NAT firewall

None of which seem to work.

The only thing I haven't yet had time to try is update the TV firmware. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

TIA

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

5006 Slow Network Speed If You do not have the minimum 2.5 MBPS this symtpom may be displayed
5006 SW Glitch This symptom (same as above) was also caused in some cases by what appeared to be a data glitch that was corrected by performing a reset on the TV

:slight_smile:

ukradman
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem with my new Bravia. Won't connect to internet via wireless dongle and gives Sony 2200 error

I intend to call at the Sony centre where I bought the TV but I am quite disgusted that so far Sony have ignored the myriad of customer complaints about this issue not only here but on other fora dealing with eg the Blu Ray player

It is bordering on fraudulent to continue marketing products which cleary have incompabability problems preventing them being used as advertised. In the final analysis, unless Sony at least respond to customer complaints I intend to return my TV under the Consumer Act "not fit for purpose clause" for a full refund and would suggest that others do the same.

Perhaps then Sony will listen

Disgusted

flintst0ne
New

I seem to get Internet connectivity issues every 2/3 days, when I stop using IPlayer or associated apps/widgets.

The only way I can then connect to the Internet via IPlayer is to reset the IP address on the wireless card on the Bravia.  I.e. Scan for wireless devices and join my SSID.  I will then be able to use the IPlayer and sometimes refresh the Internet content, but I am not always able to refresh the Internet Content.  It seems a bit 'hit and miss'?

CheerZ

Threadnaught
Visitor

Threadnaught wrote:

I've now got a service engineer booked to come out and take a look. Called the Sony center I bought the TV from and they were pretty quick to arrange a visit.

So, service engineers have come and gone. No luck - they brought another TV with them to try and same problem. Having ruled out a fault with the TV as the root cause, I'm more inclined now to think that it's a compatability issue with the Belkin router.

DamacizSi, thanks for your replies:

"Ok, reset router and turn of his security system, than try again."

- Done, same result.

"error  2123 Wirless Network Speed Displayed loading widgets while using a  wireless bridge,  when directly connected to the router without the  wirless bridge the error is not displayed"

- I'm using a direct wired connection and get this error message.

Message was edited by: Threadnaught

Catmambo
Contributor

Have heard of some Belkin issues with BRAVIA in the past, maybe down to the chipsets that they use and we use simply not offering great compatibility.This may be purely coincidental however..

Thanks

Threadnaught
Visitor

Went out and bought a Netgear WNDR3700 today, installed it, connected TV, bingo - all working as intended.

So definitely a Belkin -> Bravia issue, I would say. Or at least that specific router type.

Wonder if I can get my £100 for the new router refunded from Sony then...

richardlower
Visitor

My router is also Belkin.

I am thinking of changing ISP from cable so I don't want to have to buy a new cable router  which then would not work if I change ISP. However new ISP supplies a router but this would be near my phone socket so I would then have to buy a wireless dongle for the TV at £70.00 plus.

But how do I know if the connection problem would be resolved?

Fed up of buying things that don't work as advertised!!!

Threadnaught
Visitor

richardlower wrote:

My router is also Belkin.

I am thinking of changing ISP from cable so I don't want to have to buy a new cable router  which then would not work if I change ISP. However new ISP supplies a router but this would be near my phone socket so I would then have to buy a wireless dongle for the TV at £70.00 plus.

But how do I know if the connection problem would be resolved?

Fed up of buying things that don't work as advertised!!!

Well, if you know for sure you're switching ISP I'd recommend waiting until you do to switch router.

You don't necessarily need to buy a wireless dongle though - you can buy AV ethernet adapter plugs that use your home's electrical wiring for ethernet connectivity, which will set you back anywhere from £30 - £70 (cheaper end on eBay). Look up "homeplug AV" on google.

DamacizSi
Visitor

Welcome, try reset TV up to 3 times if needed and try again...tell as results, if any, after

Regards

Damac

DamacizSi
Visitor

Welcome matte, try allso reset TV up to 3 times if needed. Tell as results. Thx

Regards

Damac