Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46HX703 turns itself off and blinks 7 times

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
LuckyOne14
Visitor

KDL-46HX703 turns itself off and blinks 7 times

Hi

I'm new here. I wanted to find out what could be wrong with my Bravia TV.   I purchased the KDL-46HX703 one year and 3 months ago and up until 4 days ago, was working brilliantly.  Then it switched itself off and the standby light was blinking red 7 times.  When I tried to press the TV on again, it wouldn't do anything and would just continue to blink.  I switched it off from the mains and then tried again, but the TV still wouldn't come on.  After leaving it unplugged couple of hours, I tried again and it came on and again was working fine for an hour, when it switched itself off again with the standby light blinking 7 times again.  I pressed the On button this time and the TV started no problem.  Next day, it was on for about 30 minutes and switched itself off again. Other thing is all my digital channels which used to work fine, now are pixelated and keep getting poor signal quality whilst the analogue channels are fine. I noticed that all of theses happened after the new firmware (PKG4.107EUL-0108) was uploaded to my tv whilst sony website shows the latest version is (PKG4.105EUL-0108). It wouldn’t let me to downgrade the firmware I don’t know what else I can do. Now I really am annoyed.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with it? I contacted sony they said I have to send it to repair centre and pay for diagnostic check and ... and guess what, as I always trusted sony and bought and used sony products such as laptop, camera, home cinema … and never had problem with them, I didn’t bought an extended guaranty.

Any advice would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is popping up a few times on here nowadays, the problem here is that the tv has developed a fault and has stored a fault code within the tv, this will need to be looked at by a service technician im afraid.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is popping up a few times on here nowadays, the problem here is that the tv has developed a fault and has stored a fault code within the tv, this will need to be looked at by a service technician im afraid.

LuckyOne14
Visitor

Hi

Thank you Bravia55HX923 for your quick respond. I was wondering is there any way to clear the fault code without spending the price of an arm and a leg? or downgrading the firmware to the one which is available on sony website.

many thanks.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

very unlikely that you can do anything about this, i can tell you its likely to be a power supply fault as the high voltage which has exceeded tolerance has forced the tv into safety shutdown.

without doubt needs a sony service technician to sort it,

regards.

Slh971
New

I am having the same issue with my TV, and it seems to be prevalent on Sony TVs, making me suspect this is a design or manufacturing issue. If this is the case why should I pay to have an engineer fix this concern.......???

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

All brands of TVs can have issues, except Sony build in a diagnostic indicator to help troubleshoot these.  The number of blinks for a particular problem changes upon different models and different years.

As this model is 6 years old now, im having a guess that yours is outside warranty.  Therefore it may need to be repaired.  However, it is likely that the TV is un-economical to repair and cheaper to replace.

Cheers