Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46V5500 - Black screen with HDMI xbox 360

irishbaz
New

KDL-46V5500 - Black screen with HDMI xbox 360

Ive just updated the driver on my TV (KDL-46V5500)  tried 3 different HDMI cables still nothing.... Its working fine with my samsung LCD TV - can anyone tell me what settings on this sony TV I should be adjusting? 

Tried all 3 HTMI inputs and its working with the AV3 connection but this is not HD and the signal is poor.

Seems as this HDMI handshake is as poor as it gets...

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try resetting the display settungs on the Xbox 360.

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn the console off.
  3. Turn the console on. Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left quadrant light illuminated.
  4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time.
  5. The Xbox Dashboard resets the display settings to the default settings, and then automatically restarts the console.

Cheers

irishbaz
New

The reason I cant use it is I cant see anything, the screen is black, as its trying to send 1080p but the TV can only pick up a max of 1080i, I cant change the setting if I can't see it, I tried the methods for blind-changing it but none of them work.....
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Did you try :

To reset the display settings of the Xbox 360 console to the default settings, follow these steps:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn the console off.
  3. Turn the console on.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn the console on by using the Xbox Guide button on the controller.

Note Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller is the controller where the upper-left quadrant light is on.
  4. As the console starts, press and hold the Y button, and then pull the right trigger at the same time. This causes the Xbox Dashboard to reset the display settings to the default settings and then automatically restarts the console. So it's OK when the Xbox 360 console restarts.

If this doesn't work, can you take the 360 round a neighbours or friends house to change the HDMI output?

irishbaz
New

I returned the 360 and got the 360 E (2013 model) and it worked with HTMI first time no prob. It also has a dedicated AV/Scard port on it for a decent backup if the HTMI dosent work but so far the HDMI is working fine.

The kinect sensor was tricky to get working with the E but when i figured out it dosent require a power source (runs off the 360 via usb) I manage dto get it working. 

It seems the 1st gen 360 xbox is terrable with the HDMI handshake.

Thanks to all those who took the time to respond.