Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-46W905A TV shows green screen, then shuts off

KDL-46W905A TV shows green screen, then shuts off

I wonder if someone can help. I have the above TV and recently have started to have a few issues. The firmware is the latest available. 

For a short while the TV has occasionally shown a green screen for a few seconds and then shut itself off and on. The green screen is not pure green, but has some "noise" and lines on it. Today this issue got more frequent and sometimes the TV will not start up after switching itself off - so I have to switch the mains power off and on again. Just now the screen frooze with a small rectangle in the middle, so I have shut it off at the mains. 

This seems power related somehow rather than software related. I've tried a different power socket. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This sounds like a hardware failure to me, so you might want to consider getthing this looked at and repaired.  See the following link to find an authorised Sony repair centre near you:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

Thanks. Strangely it's been ok for a couple of days now, but it won't last probably..

looking thrugh my docs they gave a free 5 year Sony warranty when I bought it so I still have that cover left.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Interesting that it is very intermitted - I would expect it to occur more frequently.  Another thing to consider is the normal advise in the troubleshooting process:

• Ensure that the TV has the latest firmware installed
  • Factory reset the TV.

Those two things can cure many weird and wonderful issues.

Cheers

Thanks - the firmware is up to date but I've not tried a reset. The way it was going it's odd that it's worked fine for a few days so I'll cross everything and see how it goes. I have a year left on the 5 year Sony warranty so I it's not like I have to be sure it's fixed properly now or lose the warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
DFish222
New

This started happening to me and is now happening more often. I can't turn the TV back on for awhile. Of course my TV is just a few months out of warranty. This is the SECOND Sony television I have purchased in the last 10 years that has had issues.

I am definitely done with Sony now. They used to be the Honda of television but now it seems they are cutting corners. Gonna head to Costco and pick up a Samsung or LG instead.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey DFish222, I"m so sorry for you. Do you have the same model as the original poster? Did you try any steps? How often does the issue happen?