Join now - be part of our community!

*** KDL 49WE663 "Slow Channel Change Issues"!

profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

*** KDL 49WE663 "Slow Channel Change Issues"!

Hi

I've had a 40WE663 since last july and I'm quite happy with it so, I purchased a 49 inch model of the same TV but, I'm find that when I change channels using the remote 'up/down' button or, keying the channel number in, the chosen channel takes a painfully slow 4 to 5 seconds to appear!

This is very annoying because it takes that long and, because I get time to study the black display and have moticed that it has some side bleed and a bit of clouding!

The 40 inch in the backroom has no 'antenna' so there is only a VM signal!  I.e.  No Freeview signal so cant use the TV remote!  When I use the VM remote, the channel appears immediately but, that's happening through the VM box!

The MENU is also a bit slow!

I have the latest software (v8.235 I think) so, any ideas on why this is happening

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

That sounds very annoying. 

I would suggest try fully re-tuning all the channels.  If this does not resolve the problem then it might be best to perform a reset on your TV. You can find more details on how to do this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
brave01heart
Explorer

Hi

UPDATE!

I tried changing channel again this morning and, although some channels did appear after between two or three seconds, others did not appear for four to five seconds!

Freeview Play is still not launching!

Also forgot to mention that, no mounting fixings have been supplied to secure the TV stand to the bottom of the TV!

>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for the info!

I tried the ‘power reset’ and it did appear to help!  The 4 second delay between changing the channel and the picture appearing, was cut to around half but, I’m not sure if it will last!

What causes the 4 second picture delay?

I also tried launching the Freeview Play app but it just kept showing ‘loading’ but it never did launch!  I tried another couple of apps and they appeared to launch and play normally!

I see that the new 2018 model of my TV has launched (KD-50WF663) and, it has the “X1 Extreme Processor” which may help with the ‘slow issue’ and app launches?  I’m not sure what processor my 2017 KD-49WE663 model has?

profile.country.IE.title
vbrocksopp
New

I have the same problem with model KDL40V5100.  After resetting to factory defaults and re-scanning channels there has been no change in the delay. 😞