Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W654A BBC iPlayer app stuck in loading screen

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
phughes33
Explorer

KDL32W654A BBC iPlayer app stuck in loading screen

As of today 2 Sep 2016 the BBC iPlayer, News and Sport applications get stuck in the loading screen with the revolving circle.

iPlayer was working fine yesterday

All other apps are working fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
phughes33
Explorer

Thanks for info.

My TV iplayer app also started working again on 5 Sep 16. I had previosly logged the problem with iPlayer Help and they emailed me on 5 Sep aclnowledging tha it was a problem at their end and which had now been resloved. So all ok again now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

I have this problem too. 46W905, not sure if there is been an update or if this is the end of support for 2013 TVs. 

Hopefully not the case

mysummer
New

I'm having the same problem on a KDL-32W653A.

This page http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/v2_closure lists sets that are supposed to lose the iPlayer this month, but the Bravias mentioned are all 2010 models so I would not have expected to get hit today.

profile.country.GB.title
phughes33
Explorer

There is a message on BBC iPlayer help today that there were reports on 2 Sep of a number of Sony Smart TVs being unable to load iPlayer and that this is being investigated. Hopefully Sony are also aware of the problem. My KDL32654A TV is only 2 years old
mysummer
New

FTR, this fixed itself for me earlier in the week.

profile.country.GB.title
phughes33
Explorer

Thanks for info.

My TV iplayer app also started working again on 5 Sep 16. I had previosly logged the problem with iPlayer Help and they emailed me on 5 Sep aclnowledging tha it was a problem at their end and which had now been resloved. So all ok again now.