Join now - be part of our community!

KDL32W705B firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Wgjacks
Explorer

KDL32W705B firmware upgrade

I've tried unsuccessfully to upgrade the firmware on my tv. Following Sony's instructions I  downloaded the file and saved it to my laptop - and then transferred to a USB. On placing it in the USB slot in my tv the message comes up 'Newer version not detected - please remove USB'

The file I saved was zipped andI've tried both unzipping and leaving zipped but the result was the same. Any suggestions welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You cannot upgrade the firmware on your TV because it is already on the latest firmware.  Hence the reason why you got the message of "Newer version not detected"

Latest firmware is:

• Name: PKG3001EUA
  • Date released: 04-10-2016

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlw-firmware-update-v3001eua/KDL...

Cheers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi,

have you try the unzipping by WinRar?

Your TV need this update?

Manolo

Wgjacks
Explorer

Thanks for your comment.

I've tried unzipping with Win Rar. When I place USB in tv it identifies the USB device but the comment comes up 'There are no items to display'

Any other suggestions?.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You can check the correct file size HERE and you can try to format the USB memory in FAT32 (File System).

Manolo

Wgjacks
Explorer

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I have tried still unable to update firmaware.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Wgjacks

Can you please reply back with the current firmware version that is installed on the TV?

1. Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu
  2. Navigate to Help category and press OK
  3. Select Customer Support and press OK
  4. Navigate to System Information and press OK
  5. On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this: SOFTWARE VERSION PKG3001EUA

Cheers

Wgjacks
Explorer

Thank you for your help in trying to solve this.

My current software is  PKG3. 001EUA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You cannot upgrade the firmware on your TV because it is already on the latest firmware.  Hence the reason why you got the message of "Newer version not detected"

Latest firmware is:

• Name: PKG3001EUA
  • Date released: 04-10-2016

https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlw-firmware-update-v3001eua/KDL...

Cheers

Wgjacks
Explorer

Many thanks!