Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40-HX723 - Video Unlimited fails to load the catlogue

SOLVED

KDL40-HX723 - Video Unlimited fails to load the catlogue

I have been a regular and happy user of the Video Unlimited service for the last 3 years, in the last week the TV refuses to load the catalogue of fails to load with the error message:

"The Process Has Failed to Load and has timed out"

The TV has a wired Ethernet connection and iPlayer still works perfectly.  The Video Unlimited account is alive and the TV is enabled for the account.

The TV is running the latest firmware,

Does anyone have any suggestions for what might be wrong?

Suggestions appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to confirm - My mum's 2011 TV (KDL-40EX723) loads the Video Unlimited catelogue's just fine.  So it would be your end that is having the trouble.  Factory reset the TV, and see if that solves the problem/

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would advise you doing a factory reset of your TV.  This can clear any issues or 'gremilins'.  However at the moment, both Video Unlimited and Music unlimited are to closed down on Bravia TVs.  these services will be renamed Playstation Video and Playstation Music - for the playstation.  I understand the Music unlimited will cease to function at the end of March on the Bravia TVs, however I am unsure on when Video Unlimited will cease.

As your TV is a 2011 model, I will be visiting a family member tomorrow, who also has a 2011 Sony TV.  I will test this on their TV and post back if I get the same problems as you.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just to confirm - My mum's 2011 TV (KDL-40EX723) loads the Video Unlimited catelogue's just fine.  So it would be your end that is having the trouble.  Factory reset the TV, and see if that solves the problem/

Cheers

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for the posts and checking your mother's TV out for me.

Video Unlimited ambled into life for no obvious reason last night, I hired a film and all was faultless.

I really appreciate all you efforts.

Thanks again

John