Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40EX600 doesnt play.avi videos

profile.country.en_GB.title
Abhishk
Visitor

KDL40EX600 doesnt play.avi videos

I just bought a Bravia LED KDL40EX600..I tried connecting USB which had some .avi video files.The files comes as "winavid" on TV & on opening it shows no contents.How can i play video files though USB on TV & also the TV doesnt recognises my 1 TB harddrive.Kindly Help!!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

You probably have Divx with .avi extension and it shoul play, but subtitle should be integhrated in movie with software program. Otherweis You can whatch video  formated in FAT32

AVCHD with ext .mts or .m2ts

MP4 (AVC  with extension .mp4

Mpeg1 with extension .mpg

Sony does not garranty work with every hard disc. Good results Sony have make with Western Digital and some Toshiba external HDD. It should not be partioned and should be plug in his power supply and formated in FAT 32.

Regards

Damac

Abhishk
Visitor

Dear Damac

Appreciate your reply but kindly elaborate bcoz the USB i am using has File System:FAT 32 & the video am tryin to play on TV has Type of File:AVI File (.avi) but stil doesnt play.

Also my Ext.Seagate 1Tb Hard disk has File System: NTFS,so will it be enough to format the hard disk to FAT32 format for the Videos to play on TV??

Awaiting for your Reply!!

DamacizSi
Visitor

Well, FAT 32 will be good, not NTFC. HDD should not be partitioned and plug in hisone power supply.

Sony does not garranty work with every HDD. Sony have make good experiance with Western Digital.

If You write again, so let as now about fail You like to play, using Mediainfo.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download

Please find supported formats and exstension for USB, down attached.

Regards

Damac

Abhishk
Visitor

Hey Damac..

Well thnks for d link as i downloaded MediaInfo but dont know how to get the media info data for any particular video file using this.

I could see that the .avi format is very well supported as given in the attachment u sent me for the bravia model.

Today i formatted my USB to FAT 32 & again tried playing .avi video file but it didnt played although it did played File type: Movie Clip (.mpg) but only in small screen at the centre where the Bravia 'Wide' feature was not supported.

Kindly Help..

Abhishk

DamacizSi
Visitor