Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W651a lighting flaw on corners

nickpapas7
Explorer

KDL42W651a lighting flaw on corners

Call me Mr Lucky but 2/2 Sony products i bought recently, both had flaws on their screen panels

1. A vaio laptop 3 years ago had bad pixels right out of the box (not supported from guarantee and paid for it 1,200euros!!) and today...

2. My new LED tv KDL42W651a, again right out of the box has the following issue on the screen panel:

a.  on the left lower corner of the panel a group of pixels always apear much brighter and its almost always          visible except from dark scenes. This faulty area spreads at about 2cm.

b. on the right lower corner of the panel, I can spot a constantly darkened area which is mostly visible wen 

watching from my couch, but i could deal with this..

Again, I now that such "faulty" condition is not covered by the factory quality standards and guarantee..
(very disappointing) 

All I can Ask for, If anyone from the designers can hear me, is at least the following:

Please make a new firmware update for this tv series adding the following option on the screen

options: Shrink screen heightwise  in normal zoom screen mode

With this option I could shrink the screen only heightwise so that I could dodge the lower faulty screen corner pixels of my TV. I can't think of anything else..

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0