Join now - be part of our community!

kdl55w955 or kdl55w905 which is better

johnantwi
Explorer

kdl55w955 or kdl55w905 which is better

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.SE.title
Midaz45645735684684567465

Jump over to avsforum.com and search for these 2 sets and it will reveal itself.

955(b) is uggly and "cost improved" - you be the judge:smileymrgreen:

It should be possible to see the exact differences between these sets by using

the "compare" function - you have to go to the US site to use this function

since here in Sweden and UK its inactive

-Peter

johnantwi
Explorer

Thanks Peter, I have tried the US site and nothing of interest came up. Perhaps you can post the link?

Regards,

John

profile.country.GB.title
sound10

Hi, the W905 has much better black levels than the W955. Online reviews of the W955 have said that the black levels on this set are really poor. I'm sure that you are aware that the W905 is last years outgoing model and the W955 is the 2014 replacement model.

Having said that, you need to bear in mind that with the W905, the viewing angles are a bit restrictive.

There is also the new W800B series from Sony this year and the 50" has received an excellent review.

Best thing you can do is have a demo of the various models and see what you think !

Here is the link :-

http://www.avforums.com/review/sony-w8-kdl-50w829b-led-television-review.10178

:slight_smile:

johnantwi
Explorer

Thanks.

i have visited the avs forum and I am more confused than before. Almost all the reviews are slating the W955 about blacks in the dark, but ok in bright lit rooms. I think for ordinary folk like me who just want to watch TV and no critical review, I think the latest will suffice. I am off to get the w955 after the wife said she liked it. - who am I to disagree if I want some peace of mind!

thanks and also to Peter for your help.

johnantwi
Explorer

I am now the proud owner of the W955! family happy with the TV, our only grudge at the moment is not the TV but the connections. I have connected  home cinema BDVE4100 and sky+. There is a delay in the sky pick up which is most irritating. I have named the hdm ports on the TV as sky and homecinema to help in identifying the correct one.

Can someone please help with the connections if you have had a similar problem in the recent past?

Regards,

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What type of delay are you refering to?  Is it a long delay?  Is it just a case of the HDMI detecting itself and then switching to the correct source (ie HDMI handskake)?  Does the delay only happen when you first switch the TV and Sky box on?

Just to confirm how you have set it up, have you connected it with the BDV-E4100 to the HDMI 2 (ARC) port and the Sky box to say HDMI 3 on the TV?

Cheers