Join now - be part of our community!

KGL-40W5500 and UWA-BR100

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
griffin50
Visitor

KGL-40W5500 and UWA-BR100

After taking advice from an 'expert' in my local Sony shop, I ordered one of these wireless USB LAN devices for my TV in the hope of getting soem internet connection to the TV. It arrived promptly today, but I cannot get my TV to recognise it. It says that it does not support the USB device. But it's a Sony one!!!

So I think to check the firmware and I have consequenly updated that by the PC to memory stick to TV way...still no joy.

Can anyone help me here? What do I have to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

Hi,

From what I can see this is not an Internet TV and is not compatible with that USB device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
drhowells
New

Hi,

From what I can see this is not an Internet TV and is not compatible with that USB device.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

drhowells is correct and the dealer should have known better than to have sold you the dongle in the first place assuming you told him the model of tv it was intended for.

griffin50
Visitor

And yet I have the option to connect to my router. So how is my TV (a KDL not KGLas I put) not an internet machine?

I would like to use the DNLA feature so I assume that I should use the RJ-45 connector? I also understand that I cannot connect directly to my router, I have to use another device. I don't want to be running cables all over my house so I am looking for a wireless option. Do you have any suggestions about what piece of kit I should be going for (not necessarily Sony)  to satisfy all the above?

By the way, thanks for your help so far.