Join now - be part of our community!

Linking TV to audio system

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
catstable
Visitor

Linking TV to audio system

I have a Bravia KDL 32HX750 TV and am trying to link the audio output to my hifi system. I have followed the instructions in the guide, but I get no sound at all . What am I doing wrong?

Any help woud be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, without knowing more information (as in model of hifi, what connections you are using) my suggestions are

1 - Link an optical cable from your TV (Optical Audio Out) to your HiFi (Optical Audio In). If your hifi doesnt have optical connections, see 2.

2 - Connect a 3.5mm audio line cable from the TV's headphone socket, to the line in socket on your HiFi, and set TV to output audio via headphones in the settings (if it doesnt already do this automattically).

Hope that helps you in any way.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, without knowing more information (as in model of hifi, what connections you are using) my suggestions are

1 - Link an optical cable from your TV (Optical Audio Out) to your HiFi (Optical Audio In). If your hifi doesnt have optical connections, see 2.

2 - Connect a 3.5mm audio line cable from the TV's headphone socket, to the line in socket on your HiFi, and set TV to output audio via headphones in the settings (if it doesnt already do this automattically).

Hope that helps you in any way.

Cheers