Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Iplayer and Channel 5 etc on UK Bravia Internet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
corset1975
Visitor

Lost Iplayer and Channel 5 etc on UK Bravia Internet

I have a bravia kdl-24320ex the white tv with internet enabled. Uptil Friday I could watch bbc iplayer and channel 5 (i am in the uk). I return from holiday on monday and i have a strange set of programs mainly spanish (I think).

I have reset the TV and reset the area as UK and English, I have checked the firmware, i have reset the factory settings and unplugged the TV. I have updated the Internet upload. But it still seems to think I am wanting spanish TV please help!!

My three year is missing cebbees and I miss watch again etc.

Owen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

Hi. Your location can also be identified by the IP Address that is assigned to you by your ISP. I assume you turned off your Internet Router when you went on holiday? When you turned it on again you were assigned a new IP Address which, if it was a new one, may not be linked to the UK yet.

Something to try is to turn off your TV and unplug it from the mains. Turn off your Router from the mains, wait about 10 seconds and then turn it back on. Once the Router has started up fully, turn the TV back on and see if that has made a difference.

If that doesn't work, who is your ISP?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
drhowells
New

Hi. Your location can also be identified by the IP Address that is assigned to you by your ISP. I assume you turned off your Internet Router when you went on holiday? When you turned it on again you were assigned a new IP Address which, if it was a new one, may not be linked to the UK yet.

Something to try is to turn off your TV and unplug it from the mains. Turn off your Router from the mains, wait about 10 seconds and then turn it back on. Once the Router has started up fully, turn the TV back on and see if that has made a difference.

If that doesn't work, who is your ISP?

corset1975
Visitor

You are a genius. My wife is happy my children can watch TV (that clearly is not so good) but no the less a result.

So if anybody else has this problem:

unplug router, factory reset tv then unplug it. Turn on router, turn on TV run network config and set password and then refresh internet and away you go!

Thank you

drhowells
New

Glad you got it sorted.

JosieB
Visitor

Hi,

This has happened to me too, and I havent even been on holiday, router definatly hasnt been turned off, this happened when I refreashed my internet content last night. My TV thinks its gon on holiday to spain - all its internet aps are spanish!

Your forums been really helpfull, and I will try the suggested when I get home tonight - I work away so ive been a bit lost without iplayer!

Thanks

Jos

navenby
New

Similar with mine, LoveFilm, i-Player, Channel 5 suddenly vanished. Performed the factory reset and it was thankfully back to normal. The latest firmware seems the most likely culprit to me.

aord43
Visitor

Hmm, I got this too, maybe it's my new ISP.

The_Burglar
Explorer

After a firmware update the default setting for ipv6 is off, this will result in your IP address using ipv4 which is been phased out due to number of IP addresses made of 4 words getting close to overloading, or already is and ending up with a shared address. Setting ipv6 on will result in a unique 6 word address which can be localised to a country, and if iPlayer is available there it should load into your apps.