Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Picasa connection

PAUL2205
New

Lost Picasa connection

Hi

I just purchased the KDL50W829 on the first day the Picasa app worked straight away, now all I get is "a network error occurred retry" I also can't connect to google+ using google as my browser. I have done a factory reset but to no avail. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do other applications such as iPlayer or YouTube work on the TV?  If not, you will need to check your network settings and connection on the TV.  If they do work, could it be your google password is the problem?

Cheers

PAUL2205
New

Hi Quinnicus

Thanks for your speedy reply, yes other apps work and I did have to change
my google password, thinking that may be the issue, but not being tech savy
not sure what to do. Any further help would be greatly received

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool.  So at least we know the network on the TV is working.

Can you confirm that you can log into Picasa / Google plus on your PC/Laptop - using the new password?

If you can do that, Go into your Google Account, Click on "Security" and then click on "Recent Activity".  Do you get any messages that XX has been blocked or denied? 

Also, if you have 2-step-verification, disable this for the time-being and see if that helps?

Cheers

PAUL2205
New

Hi Quinnicus

Yes I can log in to Picasa/ Google+ from my PC using the new password, but
interestingly I can't sign in on my tablet with it.

There was recent activity blocked, someone attempting to access my account
from USA (I am in UK) which is why I changed my password. I dont have the
2 step-verification enabled.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont suppose it was San Diago or San Mateo, CA by any chance?

See:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/picasa/td-p/1590685

And:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/picasa-login-kdl-55w829/m-p/1673049

This is one of the responses that I received from Sony a while ago, in regards to Picasa login

"

It's a Google issue. When you change a device or use a new device with an existing Google account Google warns you as they think your account might be hacked. Therefore you need to confirm that you're the real user by clicking on the link in the e-mail.

"

I am going to also assume that the Tablet might be the same too.

PAUL2205
New

Yes it was!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are Sony authentication servers, So your account was not being hacked.  :slight_smile:

To be honest, I never did find a satisfactory "fits all" solution to this problem, for me, one day it all of a sudden worked. 

I guess the next thing to try is to "unlink" Picasa completely from your Google account - Security > Account Permissions - leave for a few minutes (even reboot your router - to get a new IP address) wouldnt hurt to turn TV off and on again either -  and try again.

Unfortunately thats all I have at the moment, if it still doesnt work after that, leave it for today and try again tomorrow.  Google might play better tomorrow :grin:

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to Picasa, I still have not managed to confirm it yet, however its looking like a problem.

More information:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/current-outages-oct-14-sen-applications/td-p/1803571

Cheers

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

I am having a message saying that this service is no longer available on my TV model KDL-37EX720 (2011).

Can anyone confirm?

Btw : My Playmemories doesn't work either. Error message is wrong pin or network error. But my Music unlimited account is working (same pin). No helpful info on playmemories website- they keep restoring servers in infinity it seems.:smileyclown: